Server population declining?

Discuss about RvR
Vanillah
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Server population declining?

This is one of the easiest servers to level on. Template on. Make money on. And to make RR on. You guys are nuts thinking otherwise. If your low RR, just run with the damn zergs until you make some rps and get used to your setup (buttons, quickcasts, hotbars, etc). Its not the servers fault you decide to give up so quickly because of the other playerbase simply having more time to play. /release and get your ass back out there.
Effectus
Esquire
Esquire

Double - Triple RP Gain but keep same realm level caps.

More reward for playtime = win.

This will keep all the casuals closer to RR of the more hardcore. I have the skills and coordination but not the time. For me if the GAP continues to grow I'm out.

Anyone who says good luck to me and see you later. Good luck to your dead server.
Send It.
Moonshot
Soldier
Soldier

Effectus wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 7:43 pm Double - Triple RP Gain but keep same realm level caps.

More reward for playtime = win.

This will keep all the casuals closer to RR of the more hardcore. I have the skills and coordination but not the time. For me if the GAP continues to grow I'm out.

Anyone who says good luck to me and see you later. Good luck to your dead server.
I couldn't agree more. Some of us do have lives and families we do spend time with.
Drewga
Wanderer
Wanderer

Whether the population of the servers is declining or not, I'm still having tons of fun, but I like healing zergs as a casual cleric...

That being said, maybe we could start a Kickstarter to pay streamers to drive players to the game. I'm sure it wouldn't be that expensive. Anyone down?
RussellAdams
Esquire
Esquire

Drewga wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:42 am Whether the population of the servers is declining or not, I'm still having tons of fun, but I like healing zergs as a casual cleric...

That being said, maybe we could start a Kickstarter to pay streamers to drive players to the game. I'm sure it wouldn't be that expensive. Anyone down?
That's an awesome idea. Sadly, when the player base has good ideas and the devs are silent, we know from past experience what this means.

How about this, the server has been out a year. Isn't time to reset?
Effectus
Esquire
Esquire

There is a large group of the player base that is holding out on Season 2 if they have to begin the entire grind over with the hardcore players having a significant edge.

The only middle ground I see is a decrease in farming and a significant increase in RP per kill of at least 3X.

I only say this because of the repeated grinding. Everyone wants the RPS to earn RSP and RR. But the casual (majority) of players can not repeatedly commit the time and coordination that hardcore CAN.

The above being said the hardcore players will still have the advantage because of their coordination and cohesion of constantly playing together with coordination to outsmart closer matched opponents. This is more focused to that "skill" side.
Send It.
holymolybm69
Esquire
Esquire

You have to measure what the 75 percentile is for the player base on a weekly basis and align leveling and RR progression to that.
I completely agree that the currencies need to be all convertable given the "constant calling" for help to run this or that raid/dungeon.

I have seen big pop increases around events... you need to keep mixing things up with random pops/events.

The most fun we ever had was on mordred where random raids would roll into the faction zones and the whole zone would rally to battle for hours to drive them out...

As far as rvr balance is concerned based on level? Perhaps make it harder to get above RR5 so that the percentile gap from the P50 and P95s is < 1.5 RR. This means the hardcore players would have to not sleep to really get to a level that makes them nearly invincible.

need to keep it from getting boring... random events, random opening of pve zones to pvp, monster pops where the faction has to rally to "beat off the attackers.mobs" brings the folks together which is why we do rvr or most anything other than the grind.

currency exchange fixes the "cant find people to raid issue".
Effectus
Esquire
Esquire

Holymoly, I love the idea for the currencies and random events!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although I think getting higher RR rather than a slow grind allow players to be tougher, see more reward on their investment and have a few more toys RA wise.

Increase rps x4 per kill. Leave RSP Cap.
Send It.