New season

The right place for talking about Dark Age of Camelot or Eden
Ubertime
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: New season

Zombiesomething wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:39 pm
Sagz wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:58 pm I think personally, a new season every 6 months is fine ONLY IF.

1. you can play only 1 realm for the 6 months....(can switch but have to delete toons)
2. crafting doesn't get reset
3. If player is level 50 and rr5+ keep name (you can go alb 1 season, mid next, then back to alb, then to hib etc.)
4. Remove RR cap since it is only 6 months long doesn't matter.

and Maybe throw in a mordred season for season 4 if the server lasted that long.

But if there were no season it wouldn't matter to me, whatever keeps the population up I am gtg, its just fun to play.
1. A free shard should never restrict where people are playing, sorry but I never understood why people think they should be able to control how others play? I do think they need substantially higher loyalty bonuses to encourage people to stay over joining the overpopulated realm whenever they want. Also, there should be bigger penalties for changing realms with the loyalty bonus.

2. Crafting absolutely needs reset along with everything else. I have been on Hib a little over a week now and all my salvaging skills are 1100+ and my Tailoring is 1100. My Alchemy will be soon. Money is easy here (thats a good thing) and crafting is easy and fast to level. There is no reason to restrict it.

3. I was in agreement with you until just a moment ago, while I am still not against your idea, I think I would prefer only people with a certain level of loyalty being able to keep their names if possible. This should only happen if they can keep track of each individual character and loyalty though, I like the idea of realm loyalty giving this specific and unique bonus. Even if you had realm loyalty on Hib on a certain character, you should be able to keep that name if you go Mid or Alb next season.

4. I like the RR cap idea and I think it keeps everything reasonable. Only being here a couple weeks, I find I am staying much more competitive for a longer period of time. To many times you already have RR10 groups at this point and RvR is just a competition to see how long you can survive and not how many you can kill. I recognize people from Pheonix that were all higher RR that would destroy me there, yet here I am actually getting a few kills in.
so then you fully support people playing more than 1 account at a time? Otherwise you support restricting how and where people play. I personally think some people will leave the server if everything they have done when they started is wiped, others who like the idea will stay. It would be interesting to take a poll to see what % would leave and stay.
Pzynom
Wanderer
Wanderer

Please do not make a season about repeating PVE!

My personal favorite:
- Keep Crafting
- Keep Char Level (You can build up your account. On new season raise the level each week by 5 Level, so not everybody gets to the end game the same time, but after 4-5 weeks, all chars that have been 50, will be 50 again -> no PVE, this should not be the season feature).
- Reset Equipment
- Reset RR

If you make me PVE, then I can also swap the server or not wanting to invest the time. Then it's a new choice.

Thank you, Pzy
Armed Viking
Wanderer
Wanderer

You could wipe anything except RPs and i wouldnt care. It would suck. I don't like PVE. But i could live with it. If they announced they were wiping RR's I would quit on the spot without looking back and go back to playing live and here is why:

-DAOC is not daoc without RR's and RA's.. Quit trying to make it Cathal Valley. Go level up. I work a full time job and am only 5L4. The server RR cap is doing the job nicely. you could complain its going up too fast or too slow but the fact is that its working.

-I played this game for years and years, since the first year, and got stomped by higher RR's plenty. But the fact is when you get high RR yourself, even if it takes longer than what it takes a "no lifer", it is worth it. Your haven't played your class unless you played it high RR. RR matters in this game. It's just DAOC. if you don't like it then this is not the game for you. Or maybe it is but maybe you should just stay in cathal valley so you can feel even with everyone else at all times. It took me longer but I got high RR myself on live and that's when the real addiction to this game started. it's not actual RVR unless people can actually play their class to its fullest potential.

-"Fights over too quickly with high RR's" ?? High RR healers that can play well can keep people up long enough to have an epic fight and sometimes make it last forever.

-If the community supposedly loves rerolling and pve so much then why did Gaheris die so hard? You could also download DOL and do all the pve you want forever if thats what you really want. Because people leveled from freeshard to freeshard is a bad argument for why people like it. People like the "golden days" of this game so much that they were WILLING to level up and template on a new server not because they love leveling and templating.

- Wiping will 100% kill the server. The loud minority seems to think otherwise, judging by this thread, but you are just wrong. Touch peoples things whether it's crafting, RR's, templates, etc and you will get a chunk of people who will go back to live or another game altogether 100%. It HURTS the casuals MORE than it helps them. They are just going to have to waste the little time they can invest into doing all the raiding and leveling, they didnt have the proper time for anyways and be stuck in that endless cycle of being behind everyone else who loves the game and is commited to it even if they have a busy life.
Darkwon
Wanderer
Wanderer

Armed Viking wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 3:37 pm You could wipe anything except RPs and i wouldnt care. It would suck. I don't like PVE. But i could live with it. If they announced they were wiping RR's I would quit on the spot without looking back and go back to playing live and here is why:

-DAOC is not daoc without RR's and RA's.. Quit trying to make it Cathal Valley. Go level up. I work a full time job and am only 5L4. The server RR cap is doing the job nicely. you could complain its going up too fast or too slow but the fact is that its working.

-I played this game for years and years, since the first year, and got stomped by higher RR's plenty. But the fact is when you get high RR yourself, even if it takes longer than what it takes a "no lifer", it is worth it. Your haven't played your class unless you played it high RR. RR matters in this game. It's just DAOC. if you don't like it then this is not the game for you. Or maybe it is but maybe you should just stay in cathal valley so you can feel even with everyone else at all times. It took me longer but I got high RR myself on live and that's when the real addiction to this game started. it's not actual RVR unless people can actually play their class to its fullest potential.

-"Fights over too quickly with high RR's" ?? High RR healers that can play well can keep people up long enough to have an epic fight and sometimes make it last forever.

-If the community supposedly loves rerolling and pve so much then why did Gaheris die so hard? You could also download DOL and do all the pve you want forever if thats what you really want. Because people leveled from freeshard to freeshard is a bad argument for why people like it. People like the "golden days" of this game so much that they were WILLING to level up and template on a new server not because they love leveling and templating.

- Wiping will 100% kill the server. The loud minority seems to think otherwise, judging by this thread, but you are just wrong. Touch peoples things whether it's crafting, RR's, templates, etc and you will get a chunk of people who will go back to live or another game altogether 100%. It HURTS the casuals MORE than it helps them. They are just going to have to waste the little time they can invest into doing all the raiding and leveling, they didnt have the proper time for anyways and be stuck in that endless cycle of being behind everyone else who loves the game and is commited to it even if they have a busy life.
I agree. I am not for starting over again and again. Screw all of that.
Pzynom
Wanderer
Wanderer

Hi,

taking the last posts to add to my statement:

- My personally preferred solution: Keep server running, no seasons for next year+
- My comments on what to reset are already damage control

- We had a lot of people on for the event - a lot! The server is in a very nice situation. Current RPCap 7Lx. Still a long way before a season reset, since I think people want to enjoy their characters, also RR9+ for some time (not 2 weeks).
- Again please do not make the season feature repeating PVE. Please consider people that just managed to set up their char/account. Do not start a new journey, when some even haven't started the old one.
OR find a solution for it. E.g. 1 Char per Acc fills its RPs always to 90% of current RPCap.

Thank you, Pzy
Belkiolle
Wanderer
Wanderer

Pzynom wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:16 pm Hi,

taking the last posts to add to my statement:

- My personally preferred solution: Keep server running, no seasons for next year+
- My comments on what to reset are already damage control

- We had a lot of people on for the event - a lot! The server is in a very nice situation. Current RPCap 7Lx. Still a long way before a season reset, since I think people want to enjoy their characters, also RR9+ for some time (not 2 weeks).
- Again please do not make the season feature repeating PVE. Please consider people that just managed to set up their char/account. Do not start a new journey, when some even haven't started the old one.
OR find a solution for it. E.g. 1 Char per Acc fills its RPs always to 90% of current RPCap.

Thank you, Pzy
I only get to play 10-15 hours a week due to work. I'm still trying to get toons templated out because I simply don't have time to farm coin (I've got about 12 plat and I'm not sure where this easy plat people are talking about is. Farming for money here is terrible), farm currency, and RvR too. If it weren't for the event I wouldn't have any RR5 toons. I just got my second RR5 last night.

If everything is wiped I'll just go back to Live or give Phoenix another shot.
DarkestAge
Wanderer
Wanderer

Some thoughts from a casual player who happens to love this game and quite enjoys Eden.

The devs have some new things they want to implement. Cool. I'm curious to see what they are working on. But why reset everything? Just do it.

If there is a reset of all the characters, not much will change on the leaderboard. The top players, top set groups and top guilds will be first out of the gate far ahead of the rest of us just as they are now. It will take me weeks to grind out what they can accomplish in days.

People have any number of alts to create if they want to try something different in the current season or a new one. That part of it really makes no difference.

One suggestion I am making is that realm points be credited to account rather than character, same as coin and craft skills. That should probably only apply to L50s. If all your level 50 toons had realm rank representative of total time spent in RvR it would make it more interesting to play whichever one you felt like rather than letting some languish because they will never catch up.
TyGeR
Esquire
Esquire

First, I want to say how much I've enjoyed playing on Eden. I really appreciate the time and effort the Devs are putting into this server for us to enjoy!

while Im not super excited for the idea of a reset I can understand doing it to keep things fresh. If we do a reset to start a new season, I would like to see something changed up to change game play for the new season. I dont have anything certain in mind, just something to make the new season "Different". Maybe let any race be any class in the realm, Give archers wall climb, add LW to a class that doesn't currently have it, Give a class the ability to spec in shield that doesnt have it, Change up what classes have what realm ability, or any number of other small changes that wouldnt be game breaking, but add a new twist to game play. If we start a new season, and have to level up toons again, I'd like to see something "different".
yems
Wanderer
Wanderer

If a new season is introduced hopefully it will be with at least one of the following

New meta / patch to keep rvr fresh and more appealing to try different set-ups.

A quicker way to approach templating, I personally thought this was a big time consumer

Try and incorporate AI for pve to perhaps get groups filled for the players who might not have 7 friends ready to boot up. (I know this is in essence a bit against the spirit of an MMO where you are supposed to make a group and meet new people, but it would be a great option either during dead hours, or in a scenario where your group has been in LFG for a while and all you need to get rolling could be a tank or a healer)

I see a lot of people complain about having to re-do crafting again, maybe incorporate a quicker method to level crafting for people who already did it once.

I personally don't care about the above, I think the most important thing would be a new meta and patch.
Drewga
Wanderer
Wanderer

A new season would be cool! Be great if loyalty carried over from season to season which might encourage the use of the system a bit more.