Molvik Templates etc...

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
Enc
Wanderer
Wanderer

Molvik Templates etc...

So with the new patch today all the bonus level requirements on Crafted gear, and other items are fully in effect. This has completely made all Molvik templates created prior to this patch, useless, and/or a waste of time, money, and other resources. (Not Cheap)

Now I have already taken a glance at the available items, and re-templating seems to be very possible but, it will just require more time, money, and resources that we have already spent once.

The difference is that Eden's overall population, especially within the Battlegrounds, has been declining and I believe this patch will only continue with that trend. This of course does not motivate players to continue playing in the battlegrounds, and if their preference is being diminished then it will deter them from playing as often on Eden.

Those who oppose those who template and/or twink within Molvik could argue that the decline is because of templated characters running around killing all of those who are not templated, or the XP'ers trying to get from 35 to level 40. I agree that this could be detrimental to the overall population.

BUT

The effect of this patch does not solve the complaints that I have been hearing, and all it does is merely kill population and hinders loyal BG players for a brief amount of time until people build a new template again to compete with other templated individuals.

Now if this patch's target goals had nothing to do with the BG community and we're just in the crossfire then oh well... I guess we're the XP'ers now.

Just my 2 cents.

Take care!
Pocketpicker-Bareknuckle
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Molvik Templates etc...

I had the same questions so I reached out and got the response from a gm that said people with templates in battlegrounds were too strong compared to those without them just leveling through.
- Daoc has always rewarded those who take the extra time to get the best possible gear for the level they are at. Nothing new here on Eden when it comes to templating… but taking away our current battleground templates definitely stinks since as mentioned above it cost lots of time and plat.
- What is different on Eden was the customized realm rank caps on all the battlegrounds that enabled players WAY more realm abilities than what ever was on live… but I guess changing the coding on every item adding bonus levels was the easier change ???
- Careful displaying negative opinions though - got me a 24 hour silence on discord
- Also be prepared for the trolls to start rolling in telling you how horrible a player you are for playing in the battlegrounds and how you need to join big boy rvr or just quit. (Unfortunately this group of trolls make up a large majority of the community)
Enc
Wanderer
Wanderer

Pocketpicker-Bareknuckle wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:29 am I had the same questions so I reached out and got the response from a gm that said people with templates in battlegrounds were too strong compared to those without them just leveling through.
- Daoc has always rewarded those who take the extra time to get the best possible gear for the level they are at. Nothing new here on Eden when it comes to templating… but taking away our current battleground templates definitely stinks since as mentioned above it cost lots of time and plat.
- What is different on Eden was the customized realm rank caps on all the battlegrounds that enabled players WAY more realm abilities than what ever was on live… but I guess changing the coding on every item adding bonus levels was the easier change ???
- Careful displaying negative opinions though - got me a 24 hour silence on discord
- Also be prepared for the trolls to start rolling in telling you how horrible a player you are for playing in the battlegrounds and how you need to join big boy rvr or just quit. (Unfortunately this group of trolls make up a large majority of the community)
Players who are XPing in the battlegrounds with no success have the opportunity to quest in the classic areas & in the shrouded isles zones for equal if not more XP without PvP disruption. So catering to anyone who is complaining about how strong templated players are when they don't intend on remaining in the BG to compete just makes no sense at all.

It is important for everyone to know that people don't just template to run over XP'ers or untemplated individuals. We template because its possible and if its possible then that means if we prefer the pace of Battlegrounds then we need to template our characters in order to compete against others who are doing the same. It's common sense. XP'ers etc... are merely collateral damage.

With this in mind I believe Eden's team simply does not want people to remain in the battlegrounds (even though the RR cap is higher) and instead want people to pour their efforts into NF. The NF content on Eden is very zerg focused, which is not my cup of tea. I personally think Zerging is brainless RvR where so many of Daoc's great systems are completely redundant.

The 8v8 scene is heavily hit or miss. There are good nights and bad nights, but there are also heavily organized groups who run a setup 8man that never lose. I applaud these individuals because its very difficult to find 7 other people to organize and play on certain days/nights. This is another reason I personally prefer battlegrounds, I only need 2-3 other people for a small man and we can find action quick against other templated groups and the numerous groups of those running around.
Fin / Valar
Knight
Knight

Prox7V wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:16 pm
Pocketpicker-Bareknuckle wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:29 am I had the same questions so I reached out and got the response from a gm that said people with templates in battlegrounds were too strong compared to those without them just leveling through.
Players who are XPing in the battlegrounds with no success have the opportunity to quest in the classic areas & in the shrouded isles zones for equal if not more XP without PvP disruption. So catering to anyone who is complaining about how strong templated players are when they don't intend on remaining in the BG to compete just makes no sense at all.

It is important for everyone to know that people don't just template to run over XP'ers or untemplated individuals. We template because its possible and if its possible then that means if we prefer the pace of Battlegrounds then we need to template our characters in order to compete against others who are doing the same. It's common sense. XP'ers etc... are merely collateral damage.

With this in mind I believe Eden's team simply does not want people to remain in the battlegrounds (even though the RR cap is higher) and instead want people to pour their efforts into NF. The NF content on Eden is very zerg focused, which is not my cup of tea. I personally think Zerging is brainless RvR where so many of Daoc's great systems are completely redundant.

The 8v8 scene is heavily hit or miss. There are good nights and bad nights, but there are also heavily organized groups who run a setup 8man that never lose. I applaud these individuals because its very difficult to find 7 other people to organize and play on certain days/nights. This is another reason I personally prefer battlegrounds, I only need 2-3 other people for a small man and we can find action quick against other templated groups and the numerous groups of those running around.

I could agree with you about BG action and so on, but there is one main point that I cannot get:
when you say " We template because its possible and if its possible then that means if we prefer the pace of Battlegrounds then we need to template our characters in order to compete against others who are doing the same." well... now you don't have to template anymore, and this happens for everyone so if you're still looking for instant action it will be even better because, maybe, many more ppl will roam in BGs since there is no need to template to be in decent gear. The ground is even for everybody, you cannot template anymore I cannot they cannot.... so why all this rage against this change?
I can understand that you may say "well i spent time and plats for a template and now I can throw it away", ok right but it's not real money you know... throw it away make another easy one and go on killing ppl in BGs as usual.
At least now the "collateral damage" can say something if you and your friends run over them. Or maybe is this the real issue? :?: :D
Guldkrona jag passar ej på
Ditt unga liv och blod måst gå
Enc
Wanderer
Wanderer

Fin / Valar wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:51 pm
Prox7V wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:16 pm

I could agree with you about BG action and so on, but there is one main point that I cannot get:
when you say " We template because its possible and if its possible then that means if we prefer the pace of Battlegrounds then we need to template our characters in order to compete against others who are doing the same." well... now you don't have to template anymore, and this happens for everyone so if you're still looking for instant action it will be even better because, maybe, many more ppl will roam in BGs since there is no need to template to be in decent gear. The ground is even for everybody, you cannot template anymore I cannot they cannot.... so why all this rage against this change?
I can understand that you may say "well i spent time and plats for a template and now I can throw it away", ok right but it's not real money you know... throw it away make another easy one and go on killing ppl in BGs as usual.
At least now the "collateral damage" can say something if you and your friends run over them. Or maybe is this the real issue? :?: :D
The problem is that crafted gear, and numerous drops were made unusable for BG toons due to the patch. The point is that despite this patch, new templates that are still far superior than quartermaster gear are still very much possible. (Even without RoGs)

The feedback I am trying to highlight here can be posed in this question...

Why destroy our templates when they can be re-made again?

Essentially our time, and resources that we spent on numerous characters were all made void... Just seems kind've like a spit in the face.

With the new parameters, we miss out on 2% spell pierce, and lose a little in the spell duration department, but all templates remade will be nearly equal to the ones we lost.
Vladamire
Esquire
Esquire

This is the new "you don't get to have fun unless its how we say you can have fun" server. They already killed it with bad decisions. Enjoy the dying server. Someone shut the lights off here in a month or two when its dead.
Fin / Valar
Knight
Knight

Prox7V wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:37 am

The problem is that crafted gear, and numerous drops were made unusable for BG toons due to the patch. The point is that despite this patch, new templates that are still far superior than quartermaster gear are still very much possible. (Even without RoGs)

Essentially our time, and resources that we spent on numerous characters were all made void... Just seems kind've like a spit in the face.

With the new parameters, we miss out on 2% spell pierce, and lose a little in the spell duration department, but all templates remade will be nearly equal to the ones we lost.
Ah I didn't know this, I just thought that this change was made to have more balance between templated and untemplated. If it is just a matter of time to redo the template again and have it basically identical to the pre-patch one.... well it doesn't really make sense.
Guldkrona jag passar ej på
Ditt unga liv och blod måst gå
Vladamire
Esquire
Esquire

Fin / Valar wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:11 pm
Prox7V wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:37 am

Ah I didn't know this, I just thought that this change was made to have more balance between templated and untemplated. If it is just a matter of time to redo the template again and have it basically identical to the pre-patch one.... well it doesn't really make sense.
Actually you can't make a new template. They cap you on what you can imbue. I tested this with an AF 50 chest piece and spellcrafted it to the max of 21.5 imbue points. It won't work for my Thid toon. The chest piece doesn't effect my character. So until this stupid decision is reversed I'll be playing different games. Have fun on this sinking ship.
Nahuryl
Wanderer
Wanderer

For me, in BG there should only be equipment obtainable in BG.
I do BG precisely so as not to have to worry about doing the nolife having to plan equipment and know everything to have fun. There's lv 50 for that.
I'm disappointed that Eden is just another server, unbalanced and inaccessible.
After more than 20 years of existence, it is time to learn the right lessons.

Pour moi, dans les BG il ne devrait y avoir que l'équipement obtenable en BG.
Je fais justement des BG pour ne pas me prendre la tête à faire le nolife à devoir planifier un équipement et tout connaître pour m'amuser. Il y a le lv 50 pour ça.
Je suis déçu qu'Eden soit juste un autre serveur de plus, déséquilibré et innaccessible.
Après plus de 20 ans d'existence, il serait temps de tirer les bonnes leçons.