Karen forum op needs review from HR

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
Karen
Developer
Developer

Re: Karen forum op needs review from HR

phixion wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:44 pm 1: You warned me on Feb 15th after I reported a bug
Incorrect, I warned you Feb 14th for using the bug report forum for asking questions: viewtopic.php?p=6480#p6480
phixion wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:44 pm 2: You deleted my last post, which broke no rules and gave me another warning because I was pointing out that warning people for submitting bugs is not a great practice?
Incorrect again. You got a warning for lashing out and not discussing in a civilized manner.

And again because: viewtopic.php?p=7327#p7327
Moonshot
Soldier
Soldier

I can't believe this has made it to page 5 without being locked. This speaks volumes about Karen and their ability to allow such debauchery to go on. Similar to how a boxer might allow his opponent to hit him over and over while he defends with the overall intent of wearing his enemy down to exhaustion and then when their opponent is struggling to stand... they deliver the final blow resulting in a KO. :mrgreen:
Druth
Esquire
Esquire

Prob 80%+ of these posts would be redundant if people read the forum rules, and learned how to post a bug report, and the rest would be redundant if people put their massive egos aside and understood the work it takes to run this in your spare time.

Some of the examples posted are basically: "I've played this game for 20 years and knows this is a bug, so fix!"
Then complains the amount of time it would take them to actually make a proper bug report "I don't wanna download Live and test, iz hard work!". Not caring the least that someone has to spend time fixing the bug :roll:

Then "I work with programing, so know this stuff is easy." Although they have no clue about how the coding is set up here, so it's like saying "I learned french, so icelandic can't be hard".

Why do I say the problem is massive egos? Because they fail to do what normal people do, acknowledge they bear some of the blame. "Yeah, I know I did not make a proper bug report", "Yeah, my temper got the better of me and I ended up flaming people".
It's always someone else but them who's to blame, but guess that's all part of the classic DaoC experience.
galaxgal
Esquire
Esquire

Karen wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:51 am
galaxgal wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:28 am *It is not always possible for users to know what is and isn't a bug,
*It is not always clear what should or should not match Live,
*Some mechanics, ie stealth, combat timers, etc are mystifying,
*User accounts have received formal moderator action (ie ,warnings,) for poor bug reports.
* If a non-bug is reported it is simply closed, no warning issued, example: viewtopic.php?t=2870
* Generally wiki?content=changes, for else see above.
* That is why we have #questions-and-answers in Discord
* It is clearly stated what is requested in viewtopic.php?t=55
*Fair.
*Not all changes are documented in the wiki, so users have to cross-reference Discord. A stickied referral to the #patch-notes section would be helpful.
*Can we have a reference to this resource somewhere in the Support forum since there is no equivalent space for Q-and-A in the forums then?
*Again, fair.
Blacksin
Esquire
Esquire

It's not she/her/them/us/we/he/his Fault.
They were named that and it goes with the territory. :grin: