Karen forum op needs review from HR

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
Karen
Developer
Developer

Re: Karen forum op needs review from HR

Nunki wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:35 pm Why should anyone report bugs if there is even the slightest risk to get banned?
Not a single user have been banned for a poor bug report, and never will be. At most, some users have gotten a warning and/or the post has been deleted.
Nunki
Esquire
Esquire

Karen wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:18 pm
Nunki wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:35 pm Why should anyone report bugs if there is even the slightest risk to get banned?
Not a single user have been banned for a poor bug report, and never will be. At most, some users have gotten a warning and/or the post has been deleted.
If that was the case, why did you reply with "Nope, only if it is not true :)"?

Why didn't you reply properly in the first place?
You tend to provide snarky and/or supposedly funny comments instead of a factual answer.

Don't get me wrong.
You do this for free, I can imagine that this isn't fun, but some of your replies are neither logical nore solving the topic efficiently.

Take this report:
viewtopic.php?t=2784

Which as you stated correctly isn't a bug report, but more like feedback or a suggestion.
It could have been a bug / oversight, but with your knowledge you were able to define this feature as "intended".
The reasoning is totally fine, it now is in the wrong forum section.

Your reply:
"This is an opinion and not a bug."

While you are correct, what now? Topic closed?

Why didn't you move it to the suggestion section or simply provide a copy&paste reply with
"This change was intended. I will forward this recommendation to our team."

Done. Satisfying answer. Not snarky.
Instead the topic is still open, players took their time for a proper reasoning and all they got was that reply.

All you need is:
- Wrong topic, not even suitable for other topics, closed.
- Moved to other forum section, due to the following reasoning:
- Acknowledged and prioritized.
- Achnowledged, more information needed:
- Acknowledged, will get fixed soon/next patch.

Another question on top.
Is there a reason why some bug reports don't get commented at all? (Commented, not solved)
There are numerous valid bug reports, some even with quite crazy bugs and there have been no comments on them so far.
Not even an acknowledgment that someone did read it.
Karen
Developer
Developer

Nunki wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:59 am If that was the case, why did you reply with "Nope, only if it is not true :)"?
Because I'm talking about everything, not bug reports.
"Sorc mezz should be 2000 range" -> Incorrect, closed.
"GM banned be for killing me!" -> Harmful disinformation, banned.
Nunki wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:59 am Why didn't you reply properly in the first place?
You tend to provide snarky and/or supposedly funny comments instead of a factual answer.
Actually, it is you who read into things that I never said. My answers are always factual and explicit, nothing more nothing less.
Nunki wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:59 am Take this report:
viewtopic.php?t=2784

Which as you stated correctly isn't a bug report, but more like feedback or a suggestion.
It could have been a bug / oversight, but with your knowledge you were able to define this feature as "intended".
The reasoning is totally fine, it now is in the wrong forum section.

Your reply:
"This is an opinion and not a bug."

While you are correct, what now? Topic closed?

Why didn't you move it to the suggestion section or simply provide a copy&paste reply with
"This change was intended. I will forward this recommendation to our team."
Why should I? He can make it himself if he wants to pursue it a suggestion. I don't take it upon myself to make that decision for him.
Nunki wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:59 am Is there a reason why some bug reports don't get commented at all? (Commented, not solved)
Open bug reports are acknowledged.
phixion
Wanderer
Wanderer

Can't say I didn't see this coming.

I also reported a suspicion that the combat timer was too long. I had no evidence to backup my claim, but after playing a stealther for many years I felt that it took way too long to re-stealth after combat on Eden.

My post got locked and I got a warning. Supposedly I was supposed to install DAoC Live and go test these things.

It could have been handled better IMO. There was no need to lock the post and there was no need for a warning. I spent time to report something I felt was broken. It just completely put me off ever reporting anything again.

I don't know if this is a case of power going to someone's head, or someone being bored or what.
galaxgal
Esquire
Esquire

Karen wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:18 pm
It's a volunteer project, you do you, and I'm certainly not going to propose capitulating people who need to take their anger out by typing slurs into the bug report section or feedback threads. However:

*It is not always possible for users to know what is and isn't a bug,
*It is not always clear what should or should not match Live,
*Some mechanics, ie stealth, combat timers, etc are mystifying,
*User accounts have received formal moderator action (ie ,warnings,) for poor bug reports.

Long-term, this is going to create a chilling effect on bug reports, even among well-intentioned users. If this is worth the trade-off in signal to noise ratio and staff sanity, then so be it, but regardless I wanted to raise the concern from my perspective since I see the remarks of people in here who just want to troll aren't doing a productive discussion a lot of favors.
Mjrdrous
Wanderer
Wanderer

After reading through various feedback posts, bug reports, etc, all ya'all are whiny af about all sorts of stupid shit. Most of the stupid shit people are bitching about are typically live-like issues that the Mythic/Broadsword devs eventually fixedin a later patch cycle, OR, are the actual fixes that were implemented that people were bitching about.

I sort of understand why responses to bug reports seem snarky when half of them are not only NOT bugs, but are requests for something to be nerfed, or for something to be added to make a class OP, etc.

An example of a REAL bug: Warden Taunt does not kill Warden's speed buff, but removes speed from the taunted target. (Should remove speed from both parties, as that was a live-like effect.)
phixion
Wanderer
Wanderer

Mjrdrous wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:17 pm After reading through various feedback posts, bug reports, etc, all ya'all are whiny af about all sorts of stupid shit. Most of the stupid shit people are bitching about are typically live-like issues that the Mythic/Broadsword devs eventually fixedin a later patch cycle, OR, are the actual fixes that were implemented that people were bitching about.

I sort of understand why responses to bug reports seem snarky when half of them are not only NOT bugs, but are requests for something to be nerfed, or for something to be added to make a class OP, etc.

An example of a REAL bug: Warden Taunt does not kill Warden's speed buff, but removes speed from the taunted target. (Should remove speed from both parties, as that was a live-like effect.)
And what made you think this was the right place to report your bug? Your bug needs evidence. Go play Live and record your findings then report it properly in the correct section. You can't complain about people making stupid bug reports and then post a sub-par bug report in the wrong place.
Mjrdrous
Wanderer
Wanderer

phixion wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:06 pm
Mjrdrous wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:17 pm After reading through various feedback posts, bug reports, etc, all ya'all are whiny af about all sorts of stupid shit. Most of the stupid shit people are bitching about are typically live-like issues that the Mythic/Broadsword devs eventually fixedin a later patch cycle, OR, are the actual fixes that were implemented that people were bitching about.

And what made you think this was the right place to report your bug? Your bug needs evidence. Go play Live and record your findings then report it properly in the correct section. You can't complain about people making stupid bug reports and then post a sub-par bug report in the wrong place.
Haha! So clever!
Karen
Developer
Developer

galaxgal wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:28 am *It is not always possible for users to know what is and isn't a bug,
*It is not always clear what should or should not match Live,
*Some mechanics, ie stealth, combat timers, etc are mystifying,
*User accounts have received formal moderator action (ie ,warnings,) for poor bug reports.
* If a non-bug is reported it is simply closed, no warning issued, example: viewtopic.php?t=2870
* Generally wiki?content=changes, for else see above.
* That is why we have #questions-and-answers in Discord
* It is clearly stated what is requested in viewtopic.php?t=55
phixion
Wanderer
Wanderer

Karen wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:51 am * If a non-bug is reported it is simply closed, no warning issued, example: viewtopic.php?t=2870
* Generally wiki?content=changes, for else see above.
* That is why we have #questions-and-answers in Discord
* It is clearly stated what is requested in viewtopic.php?t=55
Well, I got another warning... Nice.

Karen, you are being disingenuous here to say the least.

1: You warned me on Feb 15th after I reported a bug, yet you say "If a non-bug is reported it is simply closed, no warning issued". Again, I received a warning so what's the deal? You're telling everyone you don't warn for bug reports yet you clearly do. If this was a genuine mistake then please say so.
Board warning issued
Sent: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:18 am
Recipient: phixion

The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?p=6480#p6480 .
Not following viewtopic.php?t=55
2: You deleted my last post, which broke no rules and gave me another warning because I was pointing out that warning people for submitting bugs is not a great practice? Remember, you warned me for submitting a bug report just last month.