Any forum to report cheaters?

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
maki#5142
Wanderer
Wanderer

Any forum to report cheaters?

I m looking for but i dont see that section.
Zombiesomething
Esquire
Esquire

Re: Any forum to report cheaters?

I mean, if you are accusing someone of cheating without proof, shouldn't there be repercussions for that? I would like to think if someone accused me of cheating without anything to back it up, that the dev's would take action against that person?
[UHHH] Jubbin
Warrior
Warrior

Zombiesomething wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:13 pm I mean, if you are accusing someone of cheating without proof, shouldn't there be repercussions for that? I would like to think if someone accused me of cheating without anything to back it up, that the dev's would take action against that person?
depends on the times it was committed. 3 strike rule maybe.. either way the OP clearly asked for a forum for said call-out... Hell, even on Phoenix I had like 4 videos of proof that a certain guild was using radar... they said my video was proof that they were just "Hyper Aware" lmfao so I took another video of them being "Hyper Aware" when I used longshot and broke the tail end of their group- as they ditched him behind because he lost stick... You can't be called hyper aware- then make those mistakes.. that's not what Hyper Aware means.. either way.

I'd say it depends on the context before punishing anyone regardless though.
Drelal
Wanderer
Wanderer

Zombiesomething wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:13 pm I mean, if you are accusing someone of cheating without proof, shouldn't there be repercussions for that? I would like to think if someone accused me of cheating without anything to back it up, that the dev's would take action against that person?
This statement is so stupid, what if the guy reporting cheater has a low spec computer and can't record ? Or a bad bandwidth and can't upload proof ? And even if both of them are ok why would it be HIS job to find any proof ?
When I'm playing Daoc I do not record the game 24/24h like most of the players and the nvidia button that store the last 5minutes of gameplay don't record the discord audio so having proof of cheaters that I'm playing against/grouped with is almost impossible.

Yes mad kid that report people for nothing exist but that's not the case for most of the community, and since we get banned/a warning for reporting cheaters without "proof" nobody wants to take the risk.

The teams using radar/hacks are an "open secret", a lot of people know who they are but no action is taken against since for them to be banned you would need to film their screens so that it passes at the level of the admins otherwise it is you who will get shot.
Zombiesomething
Esquire
Esquire

Drelal wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:54 pm
This statement is so stupid, what if the guy reporting cheater has a low spec computer and can't record ? Or a bad bandwidth and can't upload proof ? And even if both of them are ok why would it be HIS job to find any proof ?
When I'm playing Daoc I do not record the game 24/24h like most of the players and the nvidia button that store the last 5minutes of gameplay don't record the discord audio so having proof of cheaters that I'm playing against/grouped with is almost impossible.

Yes mad kid that report people for nothing exist but that's not the case for most of the community, and since we get banned/a warning for reporting cheaters without "proof" nobody wants to take the risk.

The teams using radar/hacks are an "open secret", a lot of people know who they are but no action is taken against since for them to be banned you would need to film their screens so that it passes at the level of the admins otherwise it is you who will get shot.
Discord AND in game, I see people accusing others all the freaking time of cheating, which is in violation of the server rules which I believe say you contact a dev, you do not go public. I know discord has a rule saying that.

So nah, you want to accuse someone, you'd better have proof or you deserve whatever the penalty is for the accused hack you are accusing them of.

Way to easy to ruin a reputation in this game without having proof and the dev's need to take action against that.
Drelal
Wanderer
Wanderer

Zombiesomething wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:43 pm
Drelal wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:54 pm

Discord AND in game, I see people accusing others all the freaking time of cheating, which is in violation of the server rules which I believe say you contact a dev, you do not go public. I know discord has a rule saying that.

So nah, you want to accuse someone, you'd better have proof or you deserve whatever the penalty is for the accused hack you are accusing them of.

Way to easy to ruin a reputation in this game without having proof and the dev's need to take action against that.
Accusing someone in public is against the rules so why are you arguing about that ? It makes no sense. Respect the rules and that's all, anyone that don't respect them should be punished.

I was speaking of when you report someone to the devs so don't deform my statement.
rgarrett
Warrior
Warrior

and by cheaters you mean 100% of people who play here right

autohotkey is a thing so you should report every single player you ever see
they all hacking autohotkeying users that have robots play the characters for them.

https://youtu.be/LQDtSuGfHeU

look guys all i have to do is press 6

everything is done for me when i press 6 go afk and close my eyes im such a good player
wait let me press 6 a few more times while i go make a sandwich
Nunki
Esquire
Esquire

Only public accusations should be punishable.
Any report, even with potential proof, is an accusation until checked by the devs.

Report via private PM/ingame-report-function are important.

Back to topic.

Where can we report potential cheaters?

The only option is a private message on Discord to @Frida, I guess.