Why do people twink in specific BGs?

Discuss about RvR
galaxgal
Esquire
Esquire

Why do people twink in specific BGs?

Certain BG's (I think the 24-29 one and the 35-39 one) have developed a reputation for being twink havens. I'm curious why this is? Is there some incentive to stay around in these BGs or are they just places where some popular twink classes are unusually strong?
cell_maley
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Why do people twink in specific BGs?

i am on molvik (35-39)

I tryed RvR with my zerk 50 for one day and i knew i'll not try again (no groups, impossible to go alone, toxic players everywhere (duel on bridge, elitist etc..)
So i did stealths to play alone, SB and hunter... i'm good in molvik until 3L9 for soloing and i think i'll play only stealth and alone, except for some big BG... for me the community has too many toxic players.
Dok
Esquire
Esquire

Why I choose Molvik:
  • Getting to level 35 is no more than about 6 hours of grinding. So, it's easy to try a new class and be effective.
  • Most if not all of your class abilities are available. level 51 gear is an option and stats are pretty easy to cap without spending a fortune.
  • The action is not 1/2 way around the world. If you die just head back out and your never more than 2 minutes from anything.
  • Typically you won't see 10 group zergs. I've seen 3 groups slam into 3 groups but that's mainly because of the location of objectives/quest are all the same.
  • Small man groups are common and because of the level of experience in the battlegrounds this can be less frustrating than doing it at level 50.
It does have its downsides too.
  • Filled with plenty of new players. (Good and Bad on this one: Noobs to kill & Noobs on your team getting killed)
  • Keep takes are too easy. Siege Giants are counterproductive to teaching the art of a keep siege. When they can just bust a door down in a minute or so.
  • If a fight goes on for more than 3-5 min expect to get reengaged by the people you just killed.
  • Most pets are very overpowered in the BG. Theurgist(Ice), Bonedancer(All of them), Cabalist(Ruby) come to mind as the worst.
Tree L Nine - Axe to Mouth - Molvik County Sheriffs Dept
Doktar, Jammin, Dok, Fetus, Doctar, Doktaar, Squishypig, Zarilen, Beatdown, Dokktar
Alando
Wanderer
Wanderer

galaxgal wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:30 pm Certain BG's (I think the 24-29 one and the 35-39 one) have developed a reputation for being twink havens. I'm curious why this is? Is there some incentive to stay around in these BGs or are they just places where some popular twink classes are unusually strong?
Because the BGs still reward gameplay that is focused on fighting enemies instead of afk-sticking a zerg to raid keeps.
The BGs had significant more real RvR action than the frontier when I was in there.