New season

The right place for talking about Dark Age of Camelot or Eden
crimsonscarlet
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: New season

There is a serious imbalance problem when the top #10 players are all hib.
Top 20 -- 16 are hibs.
Top 50 -- 30 are hibs

Mostly eldritches and mentalists with some bards. All got their glut of RPs PvDoor or spamming Static Tempest, Ichor, Neg Maelstrom and their overpowered AOE spells.

Why is there a "rr cap" when there are RR10 hib players? I'd set all the hibs back to RR1. :D
Fin / Valar
Knight
Knight

crimsonscarlet wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:22 pm There is a serious imbalance problem when the top #10 players are all hib.
Top 20 -- 16 are hibs.
Top 50 -- 30 are hibs

Mostly eldritches and mentalists with some bards. All got their glut of RPs PvDoor or spamming Static Tempest, Ichor, Neg Maelstrom and their overpowered AOE spells.

Why is there a "rr cap" when there are RR10 hib players? I'd set all the hibs back to RR1. :D
I've been saying this for weeks.... no results. Only odd theories about hibs getting more rps because they had to fight mid and alb together, as it could ever be possible in daoc, especially in zergs where 90% of damage comes from AoE :lol: :lol:

It's a shame, the staff wasted an entire month about useless siege changes and not a single word about balancing classes that are, quite obviously, totally OP and out of context here, with custom changes taken from many different patch levels without any reason behind them.
Guldkrona jag passar ej på
Ditt unga liv och blod måst gå
Finsal
Esquire
Esquire

Changes will be coming!

When the devs decide

Fin
Dyzeaze
Wanderer
Wanderer

Fin / Valar wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:14 pm
crimsonscarlet wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:22 pm There is a serious imbalance problem when the top #10 players are all hib.
Top 20 -- 16 are hibs.
Top 50 -- 30 are hibs

I've been saying this for weeks.... no results. Only odd theories about hibs getting more rps because they had to fight mid and alb together, as it could ever be possible in daoc, especially in zergs where 90% of damage comes from AoE :lol: :lol:

It's a shame, the staff wasted an entire month about useless siege changes and not a single word about balancing classes that are, quite obviously, totally OP and out of context here, with custom changes taken from many different patch levels without any reason behind them.
Hibs got a head start. They were better organized and pushed harder at the start than Mid/Albs. Hibernia was out taking relics regularly before Mid/Alb were ready for it (you get a lot of points for taking relics). This led to tensions which led to Mid/Albs fighting mainly in Hibernia for weeks. During this period Hibernia also had higher population in NF. Pushy was the first player to 100% loyalty days before anyone else on the server. Makes comparing class balance on rp points problematic. Look at RPs gain per realm recently - you're going to see Mid dominating. Does that mean Mid needs to be nerfed? Maybe. Maybe not.

Overall, RP totals (and slope) are poor measures for balancing arguments IMHO. There are far too many other factors involved to make it a clear indicator.
Boridi
Wanderer
Wanderer

Dyzeaze wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:49 pm Look at RPs gain per realm recently - you're going to see Mid dominating. Does that mean Mid needs to be nerfed? Maybe. Maybe not.
As of March 10th, 12 of top 15 last week rp are hibs.
MrW0LF
Wanderer
Wanderer

Boridi wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:38 am
Dyzeaze wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:49 pm Look at RPs gain per realm recently - you're going to see Mid dominating. Does that mean Mid needs to be nerfed? Maybe. Maybe not.
8 of that 12 are people that play together 25 hours per day
Boridi
Wanderer
Wanderer

MrW0LF wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:12 am
Boridi wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:38 am
8 of that 12 are people that play together 25 hours per day
I think I was drunk and missed the last line in Dyzeaze's post. Agreed that rp totals cant be used for balancing, but LWRP top 20 is mostly hibs. Dont know of any way to see LWRP totals for entire realm.
Ebenezer
Esquire
Esquire

I'm in no hurry for a new season.

On the other hand, I'd like to see them try some really different things, some of which have been broken since day 1, and some of which would just be fun experiments. I'm in no way suggesting to do all of these the same season, just a bunch of ideas.

Fix the stat allotment of classes. Casters shouldn't have quickness going up as they level, it should be Constitution. Bards and rising empathy that does literally nothing? I'm sure there are others. Heck, you could just let people pick which stats are 1/2/3 at creation - want to gain 45 dex on your Healer (at the expense of conc and powerpool)? Or make a battlewarden with +45 strength?
Go for it.

How about closing SI and move the epic stuff to ToA instead. Not Artifacts and MLs, just playing on different maps. Make ML9 replace the SI Epic dungeon. Stick the dragon in Volcanus. Etc.

Scramble the battleground order. Possibly every week for the length of the season. Why not have Thid be on the Cathal Valley map?

Change groupsize to 6. Or 12. ( I realize disparate class setups between realms have a big problem here, with Alb probably getting the shaft the worse at smaller groupsizes). Would take custom UI support of course.

Limit groups to 2 of any given class.

Swap some CL abilities around. How about really poor stealth as a CL ability? Slow movement, any actual stealther would see you a mile away, but enough for a solo visible to duck a group as long as they don't run right over him. Or a 15 second single target mezz? While you are at it, let people pick CL abilities that match their own base class - why can't a friar take the d/q buff and skip the potions/charges?

Make fog/rain/darkness reduce casting range, giving tanks an advantage while it persists.

Raise the resist cap. A lot - to say 90% -, and put it all in the same stack (no items vs castables vs 2nd layer stuff like AoM). You couldn't template it all, so you'd have to pick and choose. Probably need legendary weapons for this one to be viable, but you'd see groups trying to find the weak point in enemies by swapping damage types. "Does my eldy nuke this guy with cold or heat or ?".

Raise the statcap the same way. Just set diminishing returns levels (400? 500?) and let people get there any way they want. Gear, buffs, whatever. Pull the caps off buffs as well.

Get rid of "composite 50/51 is all you need" caps, and "automatic 1.25x delve if it's specline", and other similar things. Maybe 65 stealth should work better than 51. Or a 70 Regrowth heal should heal for more than a 42 regrowth one despite using the same spell.

If a Druid specs for red d/q, why shouldn't it give out 114 dex. Or 141 if he's got 65 composite Nurture and 25% buff bonus (each point beyond 49 adding 1%, so 73*1.25*1.41)

Nerf power regen - Cut the value of every power heal and siphon item/charge/potion in half, make a Greater Mythirian of Power worth 5pts, put castable/song crack back to the 1-5 values.

Keep working on Deserter AI. Right now they have some mechanical advantages they don't need (speed, etc), I'd like to see those go away in favor of better decision-making. They need to scale too. Thid deserters should be bad at assisting, and a bit slow in their decision making. Leirvik deserters should be running debuff-assists, dropping tanglers, using piggy-demez, firing purge and bolstering roar, etc.

Rework a lot of basic PvE mobs - add styles to those that don't have them, make casting mobs try to kite you, etc. Deserter-lite.

Disable equipment swapping while in combat. You get your basic weaponswap from 1h to 2h slots, but nothing else. Probably want a mechanical change here to go with it, you'd want ranged to hold a 2-hander (or a shield for dual-wield classes), or 2-hander to hold a second bow, etc.

And the really big one, turn collision detection on. Do it Ultima Online style, where pushing through someone isn't actually impossible, but it drains 50 endurance when you do. No /stick or bomb blobs, you'd have to disperse. Tanks could actually meatshield the squishies behind them. Stairs would be a jammed up mess. Make SoS (and the other "run away") abilities reduce that cost from 50 to 10 or something. Add small pushbacks to some styles (mostly shield). Moves the enemy 50 away from you.
Aashi1
Wanderer
Wanderer

Xentrix wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:44 pm WtB new season every 4-5 months!! anything longer is not a season, lets gogo
Hi friend
Yes, wtb new season start date talk to me please.[color=#FFFFFFF]Networth[/color]
Ghaval
Wanderer
Wanderer

Aashi1 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 5:16 pm
Xentrix wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:44 pm WtB new season every 4-5 months!! anything longer is not a season, lets gogo
Hi friend
Yes, wtb new season start date talk to me please.[color=#FFFFFFF]Networth[/color]
people complain about the population now. if you make everyone re-level.. you lose 50% of the people instant.