Laggy game play

If you have trouble with something In-Game, with the client or the forum.
shyftee
Wanderer
Wanderer

Laggy game play

I was previously playing on a Ryzen 5 5600x with RTX 3070 and a 1080p 144Hz monitor and the game ran just fine maxed out. Upgraded to a 5800X3D and a 1440p 144Hz Ultrawide and now the game is super laggy doing just the basic tasks. Thought maybe it was because it was pushing a ton more pixels so dropped the visuals to fastest frame rate pre-set and that did nothing. So changed it to windowed mode 1080p and that did nothing either. No idea why it is now laggy when it should be just fine with my current set-up. Anyone else experience this as well and have some insight as to why? Eden DAoC is the only game that is behaving that way and I have no clue why.
Moonshot
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Laggy game play

Did you do a Bios update before you upgraded your CPU? If not you might do that and see if it helps.
shyftee
Wanderer
Wanderer

Bios update was done prior to even putting the new chip in, and made sure all the drivers (chipset and what not) were updated as well.

Eden DAoC is the only game that this happened with. Every other game, including retail DAoC is just fine. Something with the modified files or the servers don't like this combination of hardware/drivers.
bleibgeschmeidiger
Wanderer
Wanderer

i baught the 5600x... hoping it will serve me well... did you have fps drops with huge players on screen 150+ with it? thanks :)