The Kite game.....

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
m4dsao
Wanderer
Wanderer

The Kite game.....

3 Most Played MID toons- Skald ,Healer and Bonedancer because kiting too easy
3 Most Played HIB toons- Bard, Warden, Mentalist because kiting too easy.
3 Most Plated ALB toons- Minstrel, Cleric, and Sorceror because kiting too easy.

There seems to be a theme of Speed + healing + caster. I understand everyone will have their playstyles and not everyone wants to play the beefys, but eventually as RR gets higher even without Speedwarp this will turn into kitefest more than it already is.

Why does healing someone that is in combat not put you yourself into combat....Any healer especially bards/healers are untouchable to non speed classes.

BALANCE SUGGESTIONS

Hunter Pet: Plain and simple why is this pet forever speed 6 lol I can legit slam it chase after the hunter for miles and this thing comes running in mach 9 everytime with disease and snare. Frenzied or not.When I see videos of a skald and hunter killing 7 people because of this pet ......seems legit.

Necro low level pet: For petesake please put CC immunity on it I don't know why this is even debated.

Healing: Puts you in combat if the person you heal is in combat.

Nerfed Animist pets because of clumping, nerfed theurg pets to stop casting anytime someone farts their direction.

Just give animist pets back but make the area have a cap limit lower than before 5 pets makes you a regular hib caster with no baseline stunline and forced to only use root pets essentially.

Theurg ICE pets make them more likely to cast instead of go into melee mode when someone aoe diseases them or aoe str/con debuffs them.

DESERTERS
Being a solo or a duo even trying to do deserters is frustrating if you don't have speed 6 it legit makes people log off and just not play for the day because a grp of 5 or 6 are camping port in spawns or the yellow con deserter camps just to kill solo's. I am not sure on what to do other than maybe add the Your presence in this area hasn't gone unnoticed and that realms AI guards show up until you leave the area because you sat in it for too long.
Vildi
Soldier
Soldier

Re: The Kite game.....

To be honest, it doesnt matter what you do you cant change the sh*tty attitude of the player base.
Idi
Warrior
Warrior

m4dsao wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:08 am
Being a solo or a duo even trying to do deserters is frustrating if you don't have speed 6 ....
The static camps that require players to kill mobs is vastly inferior to the phoenix system of rotating zone flag captures EXACTLY because the static system encourages camping and allows roaming groups to engage players already in combat with mobs.

The phoenix "capture the flag" system allowed players to enter the zone of interest and be ready for attack WITHOUT having to engage mobs, so encroaching players / groups did NOT have the advantage that they do on Eden. The phoenix system was dynamic and encouraged meeting engagements between players as they entered and exited the zone of interest, and allowed any class to participate due to the fact that some of the flag zones were far removed from the main action that other zones were in, so larger groups wouldn't even bother to show up. The phoenix system allowed for my hero and champion to run the flags and achieve some measure of success and parity in the fight, while I have NEVER ran Eden deserters on my hero without getting ran over by larger numbers, be it a duo, 4, or full group. Hence, I don't even bother, and neither does most of the server outside of the FoTM meta classes. Celestius had the exact same issue, which contributed to the death of that shard, and Eden is doubling down on the mistake.

As for the kiting, speed 6, healing and caster classes? I guess it just shows the rest of us are just plain stupid for not just choosing the meta classes as do the rest of the FoTM players in this game. Here's to a server filled with nothing but stealthers, skalds, healers, BD's, Mini's, Sorcs, Clerics, Bards, Droods, and Wardens.
Bing Chilling
Wanderer
Wanderer

Vildi wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:00 am To be honest, it doesnt matter what you do you cant change the sh*tty attitude of the player base.
Dragian
Wanderer
Wanderer

PLEASEEEE put people in combat for healing!!! This is insane as a hero. If i get dieased I cant catch up to get them back in combat or even catch them to put them in combat so they just keep running.
Vildi
Soldier
Soldier

in fairness any half descent healer is still going to kite you if your diseased, in combat or not your going slower than them
Dragian
Wanderer
Wanderer

Vildi wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:49 am in fairness any half descent healer is still going to kite you if your diseased, in combat or not your going slower than them
I can't argue with this. However I will just say that the distance gaps that get created from speed and no speed is enough to make it so that even if they make a mistake they can easily recover from it, where as if they pause for a second to heal or if the turn the wrong way I may be able to close enough of the gap, and get off a shield slam or a back style snare.
Israfel
Esquire
Esquire

Idi wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:10 am
m4dsao wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:08 am
Being a solo or a duo even trying to do deserters is frustrating if you don't have speed 6 ....
The static camps that require players to kill mobs is vastly inferior to the phoenix system of rotating zone flag captures EXACTLY because the static system encourages camping and allows roaming groups to engage players already in combat with mobs.

The phoenix "capture the flag" system allowed players to enter the zone of interest and be ready for attack WITHOUT having to engage mobs, so encroaching players / groups did NOT have the advantage that they do on Eden. The phoenix system was dynamic and encouraged meeting engagements between players as they entered and exited the zone of interest, and allowed any class to participate due to the fact that some of the flag zones were far removed from the main action that other zones were in, so larger groups wouldn't even bother to show up. The phoenix system allowed for my hero and champion to run the flags and achieve some measure of success and parity in the fight, while I have NEVER ran Eden deserters on my hero without getting ran over by larger numbers, be it a duo, 4, or full group. Hence, I don't even bother, and neither does most of the server outside of the FoTM meta classes. Celestius had the exact same issue, which contributed to the death of that shard, and Eden is doubling down on the mistake.

As for the kiting, speed 6, healing and caster classes? I guess it just shows the rest of us are just plain stupid for not just choosing the meta classes as do the rest of the FoTM players in this game. Here's to a server filled with nothing but stealthers, skalds, healers, BD's, Mini's, Sorcs, Clerics, Bards, Droods, and Wardens.
Regarding the balance topic always brought up, people are aware of but rarely discuss this aspect of our psychology; if ppl do achieve or feel it is possible to achieve victory at least 30% of the time, players they will stop trying/playing. Take from that what you will.

I think the community itself has lost patience with devs who design the game THEY want over delivering the above mentioned experience. Phoenix was what you mentioned until they decided to put NF and do away with their original stated goal and tossing out the whole dynamic rvr flag/domination incentives they added to get everyone to fight in places BESIDES Emain Macha. Ill admit it was close to perfect, 8man/zergs would usually go to the event, small/solo could find plenty of action in the other frontiers.

That server slowly it dominated all of my time spent gaming, because you could go out and find good, fairly matched RvR anytime u logged in. If it were still around and adherent to their stated goal id still be playing my rr9 war, big sads was a lot of fun I cant believe that shit was almost 5 years ago.