What to do at higher lvls (new player)

The right place for talking about Dark Age of Camelot or Eden
InsideTheMindsEye
Wanderer
Wanderer

What to do at higher lvls (new player)

Hey guys. I’m a new player to the free shard DAOC community. The last time I played was in the 2000’s with the release of Shrouded Isles.

I was curious about quests and gear and stuff…

I see a lot of folks in game talking about doing epic quests, or fighting dragons, and it all seems super fun. I’m not sure where to begin.

I have a lvl 30 ranger (smouse)
40 valewalker (smousecop)
21 skald (Smaulz)

Any advice would be super helpful. I hear people talking about “templating” and I’ve since learned it’s gearing up your max lvl character (I think) how does one do this? Killing dragons and doing epic quests? Is there a resource where I can see the types of quests I can do?
Megrim
Soldier
Soldier

Re: What to do at higher lvls (new player)

InsideTheMindsEye wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:50 pm Hey guys. I’m a new player to the free shard DAOC community. The last time I played was in the 2000’s with the release of Shrouded Isles.

I was curious about quests and gear and stuff…

I see a lot of folks in game talking about doing epic quests, or fighting dragons, and it all seems super fun. I’m not sure where to begin.

I have a lvl 30 ranger (smouse)
40 valewalker (smousecop)
21 skald (Smaulz)

Any advice would be super helpful. I hear people talking about “templating” and I’ve since learned it’s gearing up your max lvl character (I think) how does one do this? Killing dragons and doing epic quests? Is there a resource where I can see the types of quests I can do?
Hey,
first you shall make an important decission, which Char is your main char for rvr, this one should be leveled up to 50 asap. Second consideration is do you need a second char for farming salvage loot etc. or can take the RvR char for it as well. Push these/this Char(s) to 50 and consider if you want to be crafter as well. When your farmchar is a mentalist for example you will get prior cloth drops, so having a legend tailor with subskills like metalworking and woodwork 1100+ for salvage drops might be good if you´ve a nature druid for farming you get more metal drops, so armor crafter might be a good pick for it, also note you can get all crafters legendary and the skills are shared between your realm characters.

Also you shall participate as many raids & quest as possible with 40+, at least you get some exp, myhterians and currency what is needed to buy Temp items later on. When things are going you build your RvR temp first and if necessary the PVE Char temp after that. When things are done you focus on endgame, -> RvR.

As there will be one day a server reset, I see no need to twink so much, normally you focus on 1-2 RvR chars that can usually also be used for PVE content, most PVE Part is the raids for currency and mytherians and the epics, usually all ppl find groups there.

You can also consider doing special instance Sobekite runs (never been there yet) to farm some random jewelery Drops with high utility, but most of the chars don ´t really need it for their temps. If you plan to do more zerg RvR you even don ´t need a perfect temp for it.

This is an opinion from a casual player with not much time to play, but even with much time, I would try to focus at 1-2 chars.
InsideTheMindsEye
Wanderer
Wanderer

awesome thanks dude!
Botu
Wanderer
Wanderer

if you want to try out RVR you can also join battlegrounds
kloppi
Wanderer
Wanderer

moin

mach an besten 1 char fix 50 für rvr , ich habs mit bg s gemacht und jede ini 1 mal durchgezockt gibt 1 lvl und halt keep in bg machen 1 lvl , war nach 3 tagen 50 .... dan fix die epic und drachen q machen dan haste schonma ne rüssi und waffe für armor ca 1 tag gebraucht ....... dan fix temp sich machen lassen von ein pro im game kosten ca 20platin und paar ma ini machen denk ma 1-2 wochen dan haste temp ............
also alles in allen ca 2 wochen zocken dan haste ein recht guten char für rvr mit temp .........

lg nopi in game skald midd :)