Baby Zerk looking for some guidance

A place for talking about everything related to the realm of Midgard.
Godrin
Wanderer
Wanderer

Baby Zerk looking for some guidance

Hey there,

As the title says, I am a baby Berserker and I am starting to get close to level 50. I am... pretty new to DAOC in general and I've never had a real 50. I got a level 50 Runemaster on Phoenix, but I really didn't get anywhere with it before their servers shut down.

My question is... where do I begin to get myself situated, as a fresh level 50? I know that there's quests and stuff you should knock out to make life easier but I honestly have no idea what I'm doing. Should I be just focusing on getting a tradeskill up (sidebar - where do I get the ability to start that the section where my tradeskills should be shows nothing at all), are there any specific items I should start farming, what on earth is Champion Level, etc..

Also, what should I be focusing on for the first little while on my RA's? I know Long Wind, and I know that Purge 2 is important, but after those where should I really start? Reflex Attack? Determination? Parry? Charge? None of the above?

Thanks for any information you can provide.
renulan
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Baby Zerk looking for some guidance

Talk to the king in the capital city for starters and go through that entire quest chain to get all your epic armor and your epic weapon. This is the best thing you can do at 50. (quests start at level 35, 40, 45, 50, you can do them at any time)

Champion levels start at level 50, you automatically will start gaining XP towards CL 10. (click your xp bubbles on your HP window to flip to CL xp) Each CL level (10 total) will give you free bonus HP, and a skill point to spend towards CL skills. these can be spent at the basic class trainers in the starter town outside of the capital.
Fin / Valar
Knight
Knight

Re: Baby Zerk looking for some guidance

Just do all the end-game quests and tasks, join any raid and get some RPs in frontier (zerg or not), you should be able to get some nice gear on your zerk. As for RAs....well it depends very much on your play-style, reflex attack is good if you're going solo or small/man, determination and purge are a must have and charge is better if you have a solid group that can support you (or you'll be the only one charging on enemy with a quite obvious outcome :D )
Guldkrona jag passar ej på
Ditt unga liv och blod måst gå