Friars in 8v8?

A place for talking about everything related to the realm of Albion.
Zee
Wanderer
Wanderer

Friars in 8v8?

Will friars have a spot in the 8v8 meta on this patch?
Harth
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Friars in 8v8?

Build wise I don't see why not, but the meta is only partially decided by how good classes are. The groups have to be willing to run them. Melee train wise they bring a ton with 50 enhance/50staff, then 12/8 rejuv/parry variable. Pretty good damage, can back of and peel with a ton of passive healing while also being able to snap off quick heals to backup the cleric or clerics.

I personally think high rejuv friar also might have a place, but you're trading instant heals for a group hot and the offensive group heal proc which does delve for 100. This spec is probably something like 50 enhance 48 rejuv 18 staff, rest parry. You get side snare for peeling as well. I think high rejuv would need higher RR for Vehement renewal taking the place of one your 2nd clerics instant heal.

In summation, I think it will be really strong run in a melee train with 2 cleric+friar+paladin and then fill rest. That group is extremely durable. Rejuv friar taking a rejuv cleric slot might be a bit more messy, but probably doable.

As an added note friar also brings static tempest, but now we're getting really high RR.
ChronoFunk
Wanderer
Wanderer

Friars do get a nice little tool kit at this patch level and looking at the character builder, any Friar that is worth their salt will probably run a tri-spec leaning more towards Enhance and then splitting staff/rejuv evenly. They will never replace a cleric but they certainly will make a nice little off-healer for any setup.

I would personally go something like:
36 Rejuv (This gives you yellow HoT, cure NS and some nice spec heals to help you off-heal).
50 Enhance (Some might say it's a bit over-kill but the red combat speed buff as well as the procs are just too good to pass up in my opinion as your roll in an 8man will be to off-heal and peel for your back-line).
34 Staff (This gives you a fantastic any-timer and will increase your staff damage and chance to hit by a great deal, specially when you hit RR5. The level 18 side style which is a 40% slow for 27 seconds is huge and that's what you will be using for the most part as a peeler).

You could drop down to 48 enhance and go 41 rejuv for better heals but I don't personally see the point, you'll never be able to heal as good as a cleric so don't try and be 1.

All in all, I think Friar at this patch level is in a fantastic spot, I am extremely excited to see the usage of the new staff line procs as well. ST is always welcome in any situation and although you asked specifically about 8v8, in a solo setting, Friar's are going to be kings, specially if they spec into Reflex Attack 5, Assassin's will deeply regret opening on any Friar, stick a leech or heal proc on your weapons, that couples with all your heal procs already, Sheeeeesh, you'll be a raid boss.
Marcus
Count
Count

Zee wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:02 pm Will friars have a spot in the 8v8 meta on this patch?
Many groups will want to run one. Feel free to play around with the charplanner charplan?c=Friar&l=50&r=Briton&rr=5L0&p=r
serpus
Wanderer
Wanderer

no
Zerogeist
Esquire
Esquire

Yes but their slot is a heal role only sadly

Look into 50enh 46 rej 22 staff 10 parry and learn to staff side peel like a boss
Xentrix
Soldier
Soldier

Absolutely YES
Slyc
Wanderer
Wanderer

Small man yes pick up groups maybe.

True 8v8 no. Their tool set and damage are subpar to true dps or true healer.