Highlander Scout?

A place for talking about everything related to the realm of Albion.
Bkay
Wanderer
Wanderer

Highlander Scout?

Does it make sense to make a Slash Highlander Scout?
PapaSchmu
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Highlander Scout?

It would, if you want to go more into melee, if you want to main Bow and just have the melee to finish something off, you would lose between 10 and 30 Dex to the other races in bow speed/damage. But you got a skirt so thats a thing :)
Xentrix
Soldier
Soldier

No.
Honethite
Wanderer
Wanderer

Melee archer is fun, but play to your strengths and stick with Saracen and go thrust which has a nice anytime and evade chain and a better rear snare. imo.
Cadebrennus the Drunken Ranger
Wanderer
Wanderer

I don't see why not. By the reasoning that a Highlander Scout would suck, wouldn't that also apply to Celt Rangers and Norse Hunters? Yes, Rangers and Hunters have more offense than Scouts, but Scouts have more defense than Rangers & Hunters, and all are affected equally by Dex or lack of Dex in Archery (which honestly doesn't seem like much with the new magic system). If that was the case that Highlander Scouts suck and that only Saracen Scouts are viable, then you would only see Lurikeen Rangers and Kobold Hunters. When it comes to the base styles in Alb, Slash is better than Thrust. The only reason I've mained a Thrust character on Alb pre-1.65 and post-1.65 is because I used Dual Wield styles, and never had to rely on Thrust for DPS. Slash is pretty solid, other than Thrust having a sweet Damage Add proc weapon.