What are the FoTM classes at this patch level?

Discuss about RvR
Yokahu
Wanderer
Wanderer

What are the FoTM classes at this patch level?

I'm not too familiar with this patch level. So let me ask you guys, what are the classes that will clearly have an advantage over others for a solo PvP?
I know that Stealth = Speed > speedless-visi for soloing, but what shines brighter than other?

-asking for a friend...
Megrim
Soldier
Soldier

Re: What are the FoTM classes at this patch level?

Warden has shieldspecc here, just saying ;-).

To your question, I guess classes with speed, high damage and/or crowdcontrol or stealth should be in the lead lead as always.
Yokahu
Wanderer
Wanderer

Here are the highlights after after reading dozens and dozens (maybe hundreds) of threads in VN Boards for this patch level.
Disclaimer: Keep in mind that during this patch level there were two types of servers: a Classic and a TOA server; not all the posts indicated which server type the post was about. So i had to take them with a grain of salt since the gameplay is different when there is no TOA. And as i understand it, Eden is a mix of both, Classic (less cata classes) but with ToA bonuses only, so the class dynamics will vary.

- Regardless of server type, everyone agreed that Warlock, Valkyrie, Heretics, and Vamps were OP... thankfully we don't have them in Eden.

- Heavy Tanks, Heavy Tanks, Heavy Tanks... Dark Age of Heavy Tanks.... Heavy Tanks are at the very top of the food chain; the indisputable one true kings on this patch

- Anything with a shield spec can easily find its way to the top of the food chain

- With the removal of defense penetration, light tanks are now a second thought and not wanted (maybe the Eden's custom change of removing the climb wall ability from heavy tanks and giving it to the light tanks could make them more desirables... maybe, but probably not)

- Reavers lost their "oMg ReAvErS aRe OP!" daily threads, but once in a while they were mentioned as a reply to another post as being really strong even with the 2 part levi chain (note, Reavers are mostly using the 44 style in this patch). That said, i found a post saying Reavers are meant to be played in TOA servers now, not Classic, to compete with the rest of the OP classes because of the MLs synergy with their tools. Overall they are still strong but not as OP and invincible as before.

- Valewalkers and Champions are still really strong, but mostly underplayed... VW can't compete against a shield tank thou (i think mostly 1v1, but also against a target that is Guarded by a heavy tank). Champs are going 1h/shield and taking a long time to kill but mostly unbeatable against other melees (in Classic at least)

- People still whined about the Hib's stun baseline spell

- in higher level BGs, the BA bonedancers are stupidly OP it seemed

- Assassins are now bottom feeders, and the minstrel is not as feared as before

- Scouts and Hunters are the top archers, Rangers are not as good. Lots of whining about the scout slam and the engage ability to wait the timer for a re-slam. One of the bigger whinnying threads was about the slam + PB (which applies in both Classic or ToA). Other threads state that archers need to group together to get kills.
Zyer
Wanderer
Wanderer

How are pallys here ? Was looking at maybe trying one out
M Diablo
Wanderer
Wanderer

Zyer/Satch wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:21 pm How are pallys here ? Was looking at maybe trying one out
Overall Pretty Solid. Very Good Damage because the spec points are 2.5x So you can get Max Two Handed, Max Chants and Half Slash, Crush or Thrust with bonus to make up for the lower number to push it to close to 3/4's your level to not lose minimum Damage :) Two Handed Melee With Celerity for Melee Haste which is around 35% ish and then you get 15% Haste from the Damage Add and if you combine the Realm ability Anger of the Gods (First Rank adds 10 Dps) It will add 50-60 Damage on a Hit.

For Defensive, it's even better because now you are more flexible to add to Offense or Defense while using a Shield. With more Shield, Parry, Slash, Crush, Thrust, etc. It's a Solid choice!
M Diablo
Wanderer
Wanderer

Yokahu wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:17 pm I'm not too familiar with this patch level. So let me ask you guys, what are the classes that will clearly have an advantage over others for a solo PvP?
I know that Stealth = Speed > speedless-visi for soloing, but what shines brighter than other?

-asking for a friend...
For Solo, that's My Speciality! I can do Small mans and 8v8 or more but most of the time I do Solo so I can give you a rundown of each realm and class IMO in which will help start you out! I will start with some of Albion. I won't do them all, just some for now because i don't want to write a book lol.

Albion:
Armsman: Takes some work, but with there RR5 Ability, and the high resistance to Magic Spells they can eat casters Alive for free RP. For Melee, they have high Absorb by Plate Armor and having high Armor Factor because of the Platemail and 2 AF Buffs, Base and Spec, that makes them a tough combatant.

Mercenary: Charge is the biggest reason. And early on Caster killer to help establish RP Gain. RR5 Ability gives you 25% more damage, that's a big yes in my book!

Scout/Inf/Min: All good here as expected. Either Melee out of Stealth big hits via PA (Perforate Artery) or Crit shot from a Scout. Minstrel Can charm pets that may have special spells or abilities it does, plus speed and stealth are huge when going around the RvR realms of the Frontiers and more.

Thurg: Ice and Air are insane for solo, especially Ice or if you combine the 2. Snare lockdown from the ice pets, stun lock down from the Air pets, it's insane. Plus, the Range! The Range! It's more than 1875 units, that of a Bolt so you will at range, always get the first jump maybe besides close to a Thane in range!

Necro: Fully buffed is no joke. This is my pick and my special class I love the most for DAOC. Hard to play in the beginning of DAOC but Eden has made so many quality of life improvements it's insane. Class is dangerous due to HIGH MELEE Absorb in which it will be like a toothpick hitting a wall. Plus the pet can cast 4 times which is insane, and can be used again due to a realm ability. Insane.

Hopefully this helps a little bit, i am tired or i would write more haha!
SyKoBox
Wanderer
Wanderer

Question isn't specific enough. All depends on what you aim to accomplish. If youre planning to 8man, the answers will change as compared to a solo player.

But, I look at things from this perspective. This server has TOA bonuses without any of the extra utility/survivability from TOA items and ML's.

Ive always considered DAoC to be a game about Crowd Control > Survivability > Damage.
grant
Wanderer
Wanderer

Mentalist is very fotm and busted on Eden IMO
Minibar
Wanderer
Wanderer

I am looking forward to the stealth mafia epidemic hitting the community on Eden, so we can see major stealth battles!

Less than 1 day away = #hype
Cal
Wanderer
Wanderer

Minibar wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:50 pm I am looking forward to the stealth mafia epidemic hitting the community on Eden, so we can see major stealth battles!

Less than 1 day away = #hype
Stealthers make the keep/tower battles more fun.