Animist Controlled pet

Find any bug ? Report it !
Creepincrud
Esquire
Esquire

Animist Controlled pet

Hibernia: Sheeroe Hills (everywhere?)

TLDR: After a fight controlled pet is no longer in the radius calculation of spells/effects/(aggression?) This is intermittent and I cannot always get this to reproduce.

I have attached screenshots with /loc where I noticed very high resists rates on shrooms stacked on top of the controlled pet. Through some testing I have been able to show that pbae spells off the controlled pet are not being applied to the radius around the pet.

Secondly, I feel this is related to the agro issues with the pet as the pet may be too far, as range is considered with hate. This I cannot prove. I can pull with CON debuff and mobs will not stop chasing me with controlled and forest hearts beating on it.

I cast Fungal Potency (FP) a 350 radius spell on stack of shrooms and pet gets the buff but the others do not. So I spread them out around the pet at odd angles and ranges. Sure enough FP only applies to the controlled pet.

Target a forest heart and cast FP on the heart and all within radius, excluding controlled pet, receive the buff.

I then reproduce with other PBAE radius effect spells. Spirit of Nourishing (350 radius 10 hp regen buff) cast on controlled pet, lands on only controlled pet. Cast it on forest heart and radius spell goes to all EXCEPT controlled pet.

Now it gets weird. I try to make concrete reproducible steps.

I cannot get it to happen with fresh shrooms and fresh controlled pet. Even on the same location. Pull one mob, and now it happens again in new spot.

This appears to be after a fight, the controlled pet is perhaps under the ground level and therefor any radius spawn does not see the targets around it and it is excluded from such radius effects. I believe this is also directly related to the low PBAE spell damage Verdant spec animist have seen happen that gets fixed with a resummon of pet.

This may be cause by regional items (trees, pillars, etc) I moved to a large open area and have not been able to make it happen. I am sorry to not be able to bring you reproducible steps.

I also include a screenshot of this happening in another location on a earlier date so you can have 2 /loc locations to compare if this helps any.

Karen
Developer
Developer

Re: Animist Controlled pet

Thank you for a detailed and thorough report. We will look into this.
Creepincrud
Esquire
Esquire

Supplemental discoveries:

If you travel outside of 1000 units (1200+ in screenshots provided according to /gtrange) agro a mob with con debuff and run back to pet. Controlled pet, on defensive without the mob making melee contact with me, will spam "your target is not visible" until the mob makes contact with pet. After 1 round of combat mob is no longer attacked by FnF shrooms, pet is no longer visible for casting Verdant PBAE Briar Storm (Line of sight should not be required anyhow, that is a QoL issue I think.) Heals without a target will go to controlled pet.

Verdant Controlled pet, 5 Forest hearts. Con debuff pull. No commands given to pet.

Pet spams "Your target not visible" Mob makes contack with pet. Forest hearts fire off one spell then fall silent. Can no longer cast Briar Storm, Verdant PBAE, from pet. Get the message "Your cannot see your pet" with each attempt.

This only happens in Corruscating mines. After this happens pet is still able to cast radius spells (HP Regen, bubble) and still able to to receive. Unlike the above issue.

Yet when I apply the same simple rules of agro a target with con debuff over 1200 and bring to controlled pet the original complaint happens ever time in the first Sheeroe Hills location.

I do not mean to intermix bugs, I think they are both the same issue manifesting in different ways.
Karen
Developer
Developer

Dev team did some investigations. It appears that the shroom will try to 'follow' the owner even thou it can't move. They suspect that it causes changes in Z-axis movement, which the player will not see because the client does not render invalid positions (mostly).

Does the bug disappear or appear less frequent if you change the pet from 'follow' to 'stay'?
Creepincrud
Esquire
Esquire

Tested in coruscating mines. (same location)

Putting pet on STAY prevents the bug from happening.
Putting pet on FOLLOW and the bug happens.

Tested in Sheeroe Hills. (same location)

Putting pet on STAY prevents the bug from happening.
Putting pet on FOLLOW and the bug happens.

I feel you are correct in the cause of the issue.
Karen
Developer
Developer

Thank you so much for confirming. We have a fix for this that will get applied at next patch. After the fix it should not matter if pet is on STAY or FOLLOW. Your detailed reporting really was of big help. Much appreciated.
Shandril
Developer
Developer

Thanks so much Creepin for the in-depth information :) It was incredibly helpful!!!
Karen
Developer
Developer

The patch is now live, I will leave this thread open for a couple of days for any feedback.