Drop rate for Marodor Gem Questionable

Find any bug ? Report it !
Romexus
Wanderer
Wanderer

Drop rate for Marodor Gem Questionable

Eden Team,
I've been farming for the Marodor Gem the last two days and am beginning to believe there may be something off with the drops for the Backwoods Marodor mobs that are supposed to drop this item.

Statistics below:

From 9:18 PST on 3/14/2024 till about 11:25 PST these mobs were farmed in Malmohous.
-131 kills
-No Marodor Gem drops

The previous night I was not capturing statistics on this as I didn't suspect there to be an issue but I farmed them for around the same duration of about 2.5 hours. The mobs appear to drop special items (RoG or named loot) on a 5% average from what I've seen.

Assuming the 7 items in the loot table +RoG (assuming RoG drop rates are treated as a single entry to loot table) am I off in thinking the chances of obtaining this item are 0.625%? Even if that is the case, having killed over ~260 of them should have surfaced at least one (specifically 1.625) by now.

If more details are needed, I can gather more statistics tomorrow as my farming continues.
Romexus
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Drop rate for Marodor Gem Questionable

Following up with data from third night. The drop rate is extremely low for this item, but it is dropping.

Statistics from 3/15/2024

-Additional 134 Backwoods Marodor's killed
-13 RoG drops (data suggests around 10% drop rate separate from the loot table)
-7 Items from loot table dropped (data suggests these mobs have around 5% drop rate from loot table)

7 items dropped on 3/15/2024 from the loot table:
-3 Spirit Bone Staff
-1 Runed Bone Staff
-2 Ageless Luminary Vest
-1 Marodor Gem

There does not appear to be a flaw in the drop rate, just a low chance when seeking a specific drop in a lengthy loot table.