Necros are TRASH (They need Love)

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
[UHHH] Jubbin
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Necros are TRASH (They need Love)

Draugs wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:42 pm
[UHHH] Jubbin wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:17 pm
Draugs wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:07 pm It's a fair point. Necro pre-50 is basicly an unbuffed blue con mob.

With how the necromancer pet casts slowly and gets its survivability from ABS derived from buffs it is at a significant disadvantage pre-50.

A lvl 30 version of the necromancer potion is warranted surely
it would be a fair point, if the conclusion wasn't that they are "TRASH".... they most certainly aren't trash.. if they are, then so is everything else pre-50 minus maybe pure casters/eld/ment/sorc/theurg etc, get a pass... but yeah... by that standard everyone is trash pre-50 except a handful of classes.. I think "Trash" was a key word that stood out for me..

Now as for "They need love"... if that's truly the case, then like I said before, what about Arms/Warriors/Hero getting some love too? if we're going to be honest here.. Which classes need the most love, and which classes need to be put aside for mitigation/balance?
If we did a poll to see the server's opinion on the matter it would clear things up.. something tells me Necros wouldn't be called trash.. Even objectively speaking, if they do seriously suck so bad at lower levels, then I see that as the trade off for them being as powerful as they are when they actually do hit 50 and get some rank vs other classes.
What aboutism is not very constructive in this context, in my opinion. I would suggest a separate thread to discuss the state of heavy tanks.

I did not play my necro in the bgs more than a few hours, but just on a general basis it makes sense that the necro be allowed to have buffs for the pet just as regular players would. With no abs or buffs to offset the penalties of being a pet I imagine necro's die quite a lot inside stun durations and get destroyed by any caster that knows have FP works.
This whole topic is about Necro's what aboutism...... What about we give necro's xyz because in the few hours of doing BGs.. "I imagine necro's die quite a lot inside stun durations".... welcome to the club.
Draugs
Wanderer
Wanderer

[UHHH] Jubbin wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:02 pm
[UHHH] Jubbin wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:17 pm

it would be a fair point, if the conclusion wasn't that they are "TRASH".... they most certainly aren't trash.. if they are, then so is everything else pre-50 minus maybe pure casters/eld/ment/sorc/theurg etc, get a pass... but yeah... by that standard everyone is trash pre-50 except a handful of classes.. I think "Trash" was a key word that stood out for me..

Now as for "They need love"... if that's truly the case, then like I said before, what about Arms/Warriors/Hero getting some love too? if we're going to be honest here.. Which classes need the most love, and which classes need to be put aside for mitigation/balance?
If we did a poll to see the server's opinion on the matter it would clear things up.. something tells me Necros wouldn't be called trash.. Even objectively speaking, if they do seriously suck so bad at lower levels, then I see that as the trade off for them being as powerful as they are when they actually do hit 50 and get some rank vs other classes.
What aboutism is not very constructive in this context, in my opinion. I would suggest a separate thread to discuss the state of heavy tanks.

I did not play my necro in the bgs more than a few hours, but just on a general basis it makes sense that the necro be allowed to have buffs for the pet just as regular players would. With no abs or buffs to offset the penalties of being a pet I imagine necro's die quite a lot inside stun durations and get destroyed by any caster that knows have FP works.
This whole topic is about Necro's what aboutism...... What about we give necro's xyz because in the few hours of doing BGs.. "I imagine necro's die quite a lot inside stun durations".... welcome to the club.
That's not what I mean, I was being quite clear on how unhelpful it is to talk about other classes when we are discussing the necromancer. Just seems you are misunderstanding me on purpose to make some points now.
[UHHH] Jubbin
Warrior
Warrior

Draugs wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:59 pm

That's not what I mean, I was being quite clear on how unhelpful it is to talk about other classes when we are discussing the necromancer. Just seems you are misunderstanding me on purpose to make some points now.
Necro's are trash..(They need love)

Proceeds to ask what about if we give the necros xyz.. because YOU think they are trash, when in reality they aren't trash at all... So I bring up classes that need more attention that necros... simple as that, if you can't understand the redundancy then that's on you..

A) necro's aren't trash, and if they are-
B) then the classes I mentioned are even more trash by comparison without question..
C) Buff those instead of the necro- is my point.
Draugs
Wanderer
Wanderer

[UHHH] Jubbin wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:08 am

Proceeds to ask what about if we give the necros xyz.. because YOU think they are trash, when in reality they aren't trash at all... So I bring up classes that need more attention that necros... simple as that, if you can't understand the redundancy then that's on you..

B) then the classes I mentioned are even more trash by comparison without question..
1. I did not claim they are trash, that's a strawman. Do you even want to explore the necro performance in discussion or just quote and refute baselessly?
2. Don't present your opinion as facts, It's a really bad habit and just closes of the discussion.
3. There is no reason to bring up classes that you think need more attention than necros in a thread about necros. If you have no desire to discuss necros you may want to engage in another thread, maybe make a new one yourself about heavy tanks?

A discussion can be pleasant and constructive, but this one was neither. Good day to you
[UHHH] Jubbin
Warrior
Warrior

Draugs wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:39 pm
[UHHH] Jubbin wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:08 am

1. I did not claim they are trash, that's a strawman. Do you even want to explore the necro performance in discussion or just quote and refute baselessly?
2. Don't present your opinion as facts, It's a really bad habit and just closes of the discussion.
3. There is no reason to bring up classes that you think need more attention than necros in a thread about necros. If you have no desire to discuss necros you may want to engage in another thread, maybe make a new one yourself about heavy tanks?

A discussion can be pleasant and constructive, but this one was neither. Good day to you
So it's okay for the OP to state his opinion about Necro's being trash and it's fine for you to say it's a fair point and state also that it's a huge or "Severe" disadvantage pre-50, but then bark up my tree about doing the same exact thing but in comparison to other classes that get straight slaughtered by necros pre 50 and post 50.... ODD rofl...
the irony..

Anyways, like I said, Necros don't need any love at the moment, and they are certainly not trash.. COMPARITIVELY, they are majority of the time- superior. Their pre-50 pets even in Molvik have the same HP pool as my warrior in the same bracket, better abs than my warrior, and can cast nukes that hit as hard as my warrior does with 2h WITH full buffs as well.. granted this is 30+ bg so everyone can use pots... before that, it's even more of a headache (in relation to PvP balance)... to ask for them to receive "Love" is like spitting in my face.. So to you I say, sir... Good day.

In regards to bringing up other classes, I believe that's more subjectively shedding light on the picture as a whole.. if you can't connect the dots on comparing lesser classes to the redundancy that is "Trash" necros or them needing "love" is literal delusion.. So yes, you didn't say they are trash... but said it was a fair point in regards to them BEING trash.. so.... yeah...
Nahuryl
Wanderer
Wanderer

obasT wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:00 pm How about you make a group with a buff class of your realm like it's intended to do in a realm oriented RvR game ? Problem solved.
Argument non valable. Tu pourrais dire la même chose pour les autres qui eux ont accès aux buffbot

Invalid argument. You could say the same thing for others who have access to buffbot
shieldladaoc
Warrior
Warrior

Necros seem pretty much invincible against melee. I can timer dump them on a blademaster and most of the time they still win by a safe margin. Usually the only feasible thing to do is charge in the opposite direction
Tarvanis
Wanderer
Wanderer

They aren't underpowered, the reasons they're so different here compared to live is because you have capped buffs on live - Buffs make a colossal difference to necro pets; they will NEVER match necros from live here.
Snowbhoy
Esquire
Esquire

worldpeace420 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:37 pm I main a necro on live and let me tell you they are underpowered here on Eden..

I cant pvp/rvr as a low level necro its literally impossible.

Necromancers CANT buff their low level pets with potions until lv 50! The necromancer potions... don't work until level 50

So let me get this straight. Every class in the game has access to other class skills to buff themselves via potions except the necro?

what logic is that..
You're off your rocker. Had an encounter with a solo Necro last week in RVR, where a skald, and SB (Diseased pet) and me on my hunter were all on the pet at same time (I was free shooting it) and at no point did the pet get below 85% health. It killed us all. And you wnt to make that stronger?