Dual Spec

Find any bug ? Report it !
yadla.joie
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Dual Spec

It's worse for me. When i'm on dualspec 2, all reset
I lose my character's custom, i lose all macro, and if i do copy, i lose them when i tp, when i release...
Snowbhoy
Esquire
Esquire

Dual Spec Toon Crashes Wipes Char Setup

Hi,

Had this happen three times now, all different to issues with losing hotbars with recorder setups whenever there is a patch (Assume this is a known issue, heard many folks who have experienced this)

Trigger seems to be crashing when zoning on two separate characters (Both dual spec enabled, though one I hadn't actually used dual spec on it at that point). Had it happen when zoning into Jord, and into KU (Thought once was POC but could be mistaken on that one, def into or out of Jord twice).
  • Crash straight to desktop
  • Restart and log back in on same toon
  • On login my entire setup is gone; window position, every hot bar setup (All icons, recorders, macros everything)
  • All qbinds have been erased
Its basically what you get when you create a new char in terms of setup.

Any tips on how I can at least restore would be welcome, having to redo everything from scratch is kinda putting me off playing.

Thanks.
hajped
Wanderer
Wanderer

Dual spec worked fine for me for a week+, then started bugging alot. I think it was after i tried to add /qbind's.

- I cannot use /dualspec without the game crashing instead of going to character selection. Except when i /dualspec into crash, then when i log in, im correct spec, but with wrong quickbars. Logging out now takes me to char selection, but again wrong quickbars.
- It keeps resetting all bars to some setup with ? all over.
- I made a copy of .ini file recently when everything was ok, (so i didnt have to change it nearly every time i logged in, and heard it was the workaround), and then move it in. This works until i try to zone or relog.
- Everytime i log out, to try and save it, it crashes instead of going to char screen.

This started in NF (Forest Sauvage), but is now happening everywhere. I cannot zone with the UI i want, but i can with the random with question marks.

After 15-20 attempts, it saved on one spec. I reached character selection with all /qbind's and correct quickbars, and copied the new .ini.
But now it has removed all the Styles, not spells, i had mapped for my staff build, and the same issue is now on that /dualspec.
raethe13
Wanderer
Wanderer

Here's a fix:
https://share.vidyard.com/watch/MDv6qogoZj4n8bxJGG12R2?

Step 1: Log out and go to the Eden Launcher
Step 2: Click the Character Settings icon in the top right.
Step 3: Open Eden Character Settings.
Step 4: Navigate to the character name that's having trouble and find the charname-41 and charname-42 files.
Step 5: Delete charname-42 file.
Step 6: Copy and paste charname-41 into the folder.
Step 7: Rename charname-41-copy as charname-42.
Step 8: Log in and set up bars as normal.
Step 9: Log out and save your settings.
Step 10: Save both the -41 and -42 files somewhere safe, just in case.

Hopefully this helps.
Mantajoli
Wanderer
Wanderer

Works fine, thx :D
raethe13 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:58 pm Here's a fix:
https://share.vidyard.com/watch/MDv6qogoZj4n8bxJGG12R2?

Step 1: Log out and go to the Eden Launcher
Step 2: Click the Character Settings icon in the top right.
Step 3: Open Eden Character Settings.
Step 4: Navigate to the character name that's having trouble and find the charname-41 and charname-42 files.
Step 5: Delete charname-42 file.
Step 6: Copy and paste charname-41 into the folder.
Step 7: Rename charname-41-copy as charname-42.
Step 8: Log in and set up bars as normal.
Step 9: Log out and save your settings.
Step 10: Save both the -41 and -42 files somewhere safe, just in case.

Hopefully this helps.