Revision of Rules and application NEEDED

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
Doc / Xolus
Wanderer
Wanderer

Revision of Rules and application NEEDED

The current system for bans and mutes are not being applied with intention and clear cause. They are now being delivered by emotionally charged, tired and frustrated devs, rather than clear in thought.

Example: My discord mute

Cited cause: My comment on a question was not a question about the game.

My comment: How about you well idk PUSH?

I asked for clarification, if a question must be answered with a question. No answer was provided. However this is clearly not the case. I clipped the rules and waited for a response on which rule was broken.. I received no answer.

The post which I commented under was in the "Question" channel and it was no a question at all. However that player who made the post was not banned for misuse of a channel as it appeared to have been in my case.

I appealed for answers while already in chat with a dev and this caused the discord mute to be extended. I did not see a rule about this and found one isn't posted. I was then also muted in game for 72hours (which I was not notified of), I had to appeal for answer on this mute.

An in game mute is essentially a suspension as it makes playing the game nearly impossible. Eden is catered towards community play and not that of the solo player for those who would say it does not make the game nearly impossible to play.

Rather than explaining anything the dev blocked me from further talking with them. This just sends the message "I'm in control and you're not" a sign of a truly toxic dev.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This scenario seems to be a pattern of occurrence now on the server as I know several players in similar situations.

I would not be surprised if this post gets me banned as silencing opinion is now becoming common practice.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not providing clear answers to application of punishment is poor control, leadership and community management. I Suggest a notice goes out to the player on what rule was broken , how it was broken and the punishment for that.

I don't believe this applies to all devs but an internal team discussion needs to happen about silencing a community that supports this hobby project.
shoke
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Revision of Rules and application NEEDED

You really felt the need to write that?
spid
Wanderer
Wanderer

Same thing happened to me. Then again, I am an ass hole at heart <3 w/e
Doc / Xolus
Wanderer
Wanderer

shoke wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:16 pm You really felt the need to write that?
Yeah I did as this is a feedback section of the forum.

I get it, my post may not resonate with you, may not be your experience or a scenario you've encountered. The fact is players are experiencing flawed application of the system by emotionally charged decision making.

It is not a big ask to receive notification for cause citing the rule broken and applied consequence explained. I get it though you would personally be ok with a ban without knowing cause and not knowing length... your prerogative.

Some speak their mind and others sit in a corner....stay in your corner.