Enough is enough!

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
Stranded
Wanderer
Wanderer

Enough is enough!

There are a set of individuals who have brought to the game a disgusting habbit. Not sure what makes you believe it is OK to linger in an open world PvP area and expect not to get attacked, in an Open-World PvP Game.

You want your cute little 1v1 duel? Want your Ego boost? Take your bff and go elsewhere. How can you even say you earned your realm rank this way??? LOL!

In my opinion, you should be FEARFUL of going into the enemy land and grabbing an RP objective. This isn't an arena, the area is literally designed to generate conflict and instead you "gentleman" decide to ruin the one beautiful essence of this game - spontaneous action. Instead you've created this passive/aggressive environment that only causes confusion to any new player.

Not to mention the fkn toxicity I get for trying to play the game as it's meant to be played. I dont care if you're dueling, kissing or COLLUDING - if you have a red name, either go elsewhere or meet my blade.

This is specifically to the Folly/Trelle/Moyd regions.
shoke
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Enough is enough!

What did you do? You jumped on an on-going fight and they stopped fighting and turned on you?

If that's the case, as much as you are free to jump on on-going fights, they are free to kill you in return.

The only thing on your side is to make sure that if you jump on fights, make sure you can manage when people turn against you.
Stranded
Wanderer
Wanderer

shoke wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:15 pm What did you do? You jumped on an on-going fight and they stopped fighting and turned on you?
Not at all, I actually would love this.
cmtempest
Wanderer
Wanderer

I get what hes saying. Everyone is so fixated on getting to the end, fast leveling. There is no community. THAT's what made DAoC special.
Rtha
Worldbuilder
Worldbuilder

If people are toxic towards you in chats for basic RvR behaviour, drop a report in GM Appeals on Discord.
Just please make sure it's real verbal abuse and not a thin skin issue.
Amnesia is the best button in the game.
Asulfr
Wanderer
Wanderer

Red is dead
shieldladaoc
Warrior
Warrior

The community is somewhat obligated to enforce 1v1 in these zones or they wont remain solo areas. 2v1 will escalate to duos, which will escalate to 5v2, to 8v5, and so on.

There's a small subculture that exists in these zones that you can either participate in or not, but if your in Rome and not acting like a Roman, then you can expect people not to like or help you very much. There's plenty of spontaneous fighting and getting 15 boxes and a plant is usually involves some level of pvp, or multiple runs.

If you are really offended by it just get a duo or trio and hang out in one of these areas. There's no rules, just common courtesy.
Stranded
Wanderer
Wanderer

Rtha wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:45 am If people are toxic towards you in chats for basic RvR behaviour, drop a report in GM Appeals on Discord.
Just please make sure it's real verbal abuse and not a thin skin issue.
Thank you Rtha, I've already done this and even opened up a ticket with the Discord bot with image of chat - I really do hope action was taken as I never heard the end-result. It was clear death-threats and wishing me plenty of cancer :roll:

Side note, was incredibly impressed by the Dev support system via discord.
Stranded
Wanderer
Wanderer

shieldladaoc wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:10 pm The community is somewhat obligated to enforce 1v1 in these zones or they wont remain solo areas. 2v1 will escalate to duos, which will escalate to 5v2, to 8v5, and so on.
This is literally the definition of this game - people are just too lazy to actually grind the RPs and put in the effort! They want to fight leisurely and in my opinion, its the complete opposite of how this game is meant to be played.
shieldladaoc
Warrior
Warrior

Stranded wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:14 am
shieldladaoc wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:10 pm The community is somewhat obligated to enforce 1v1 in these zones or they wont remain solo areas. 2v1 will escalate to duos, which will escalate to 5v2, to 8v5, and so on.
This is literally the definition of this game - people are just too lazy to actually grind the RPs and put in the effort! They want to fight leisurely and in my opinion, its the complete opposite of how this game is meant to be played.
That's a very bold assumption. Soloing is not the greatest way to make RP. Soloers have to do 100% of their work, and they can't just stick to a zerg all day and leach off of their group mates. People in box zones aren't getting a steady stream of group vs group bonus RPs, and they aren't getting tower/keep bonuses. Killing other solo minded people for more than box/plant RPs also isn't easy as they solo well themselves.

Zerging is and always will be the lazy way to make RPs. Soloing is a high effort way to get roughly the same rewards you get mooching off of the zerg with some variance on class/success.