Celerity lacks coexistence plus unintuitive overriding

Find any bug ? Report it !
nezitx
Wanderer
Wanderer

Celerity lacks coexistence plus unintuitive overriding

This is sort of a two part bug report / feedback, regarding casted celerity and procced celerity.

Bug 1: Celerity buffs do not coexist.
Bug 2: A lower value Celerity will overwrite a higher value Celerity.

Reproduction:
1. (Tested using Midgard weapons) Use Fine Steel Long Sword or Dragonmight to proc celerity (1 minute, 25% Celerity)(note that each of these weapons Celerity has the same values but must use a different internal ID as they have different icons).
2. Have a Healer with 18 Aug cast Celerity (20s, 24% Celerity)

The Healer's celerity will overwrite the proc, now you have less celerity for a shorter period of time.

Solutions
Use Eden's "co-existing" system to allow both celerity buffs to exist, but only the higher value celerity effects the user. To me, this appears in alignment with how the rest of the coexistence works (endo pot + shaman endo for example).

Thank you for your hard work!
Karen
Developer
Developer

Re: Celerity lacks coexistence plus unintuitive overriding

1. Short - They do.
Long answer - Both Healer Celerity and Proc celerity is considered "short" and hence following overwriting rules. "Long" buffs are concentration buffs or buffs with a duration OVER 60 seconds. This is true for all coexisting effects.

2. I can not reproduce this
And since your report doesn't include screenshots or combat logs, explicitly stated in viewtopic.php?t=55 I will assume that you don't know what you are doing.