Please add conditional statements to recorder

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
penteles
Esquire
Esquire

Please add conditional statements to recorder

Was trying to make workable weapon swap macro with recorder for my newbie bard, and looks like currently its not really possible (or im just stupid).

I was trying to reduce keys to press with all these instrument/weapon changes and create few simple recorder macros:
a) switch to 1h weapon
b) use melee style 1
c) use melee style 2

and

a) switch to 2h (instrument)
b) sing a song

Few problems:
1. if weapon is not already equipped, need to hit the key twice for it to use a style, because first keystroke swaps the weapon.
2. if weapon is already equipped, it also tries to use charges of the weapon.

Those problems could be fixed with IF/IF NOT statement support to recorder.

after that could write the macros

a) <if 2H> send key to switch to 1h
b) use melee style 1
c) use melee style 2

and

a) <if 1H> send key switch to 2H
b) sing a song

obvious problem with this is that would need to also make some type of implementation to detect character states (if 2h is currently equpped for example), so might be far too much trouble than its worth...
shieldladaoc
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Please add conditional statements to recorder

I not a recorder expert, but i am good with AHK/Hero mice and can give some feedback.

The 1h/2h slots are actually bindable to a key in /keyboard. If you can send keys in recorder, which I think you can, you would basically send the key for 1h or 2h, and then the other styles.

For example, my equip main weapon key is bound to L so my mouse / AHK macro goes L (gets weapon ) -> Follow to parry chain style -> use on parry style -> use anytime style.

Logically this says "Equip your main weapon, try to do the second style in the parry chain. If that fails, try to do the parry style. If that fails do the use anytime style"

Main, 2h, and Ranged can all be bound to a key. For Firing weapons like shortbows, this lets you equip and fire them from one key.
penteles
Esquire
Esquire

Yeah, you can send keypresses in recorder, but it has the problems i mentioned in earlier post.

If you do simple macro like...

1. send keypress (switch weapon)
2. use style1
3. use style2

..macro still kinda works, but you end up wasting charges on your weapon because it keeps on using the item with every keypress. (at least im getting 'you attempt to use ITEM' messages every time i use the record).
shieldladaoc
Warrior
Warrior

I would have to create a weapon with charges to see if it actually fires the charges. It works fine with most "melee" weapons which have procs.