BD Commander should default to Taunt

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
[KotH]Mac
Soldier
Soldier

BD Commander should default to Taunt

On my BD, every time I summon my Commander, I have to remember to tell him to taunt, since he defaults to NOT taunt. Yes, it's been this way forever, and yes, it is ridiculous...there is no situation in solo PvE when I don't want him to taunt, and forgetting to change it *every* time has gotten me killed or close to it more than once. There may be some special group situations when Taunt needs to be off, but it is def the minority of the time. It's the same way on Enchanter and Spiritmaster.

PLEASE change the default to Taunt.
Forgiveness is the scent the rose leaves on the heel that crushes it.
WildWilbur
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: BD Commander should default to Taunt

I agree it`s annoying that the commander 'forgets' all you told him already. But as a supp BD to farm high lvl purple mobs I always did set taunt off - because I tanked the mob the commander hacked him away and should NOT taunt because he wouldn't survive the hits from the purple and the pets healed me and I insta casted it down. So yes - sometimes it has been useful to have the commander on 'not taunt'.

Anyway - it's annoying that the old bonehead forgets anything... :)
Fin / Valar
Knight
Knight

Yes there should be a "default" setting for the commander, where you can set taunt on/off and weapon type and it will stay as default settings. When you need you can always change it.

Anyway, the biggest issue is that the commander does not taunt as it should. The taunt seems totally random, sometimes the mob stays aggro on the cmdr, sometimes it wanders on the other subpets, healer and caster, and sometimes it comes to me after a simple dot lol.
To level up I had to forget about the darkness/supp combo (with body debuff), as the only working build is the Army/Supp where the cmdr is able to get a little more aggro thanks to damage add and buffs, and the melee subpet never gets aggro. If using darkness with body debuff the caster subpets gets aggro every 2 or 3 spells :?
Guldkrona jag passar ej på
Ditt unga liv och blod måst gå
[KotH]Mac
Soldier
Soldier

I filed this back in September and *still* have not received a reply.
It is not glaringly obvious that a pet that has the ability to taunt should default to that, and not to the opposite.
I have actually gotten killed once or twice because I forgot to do this every time I cast my Commander.

Please fix this....thanks !!!
[KotH]Mac
Soldier
Soldier

Could I get a reply from the devs on this please ?