What are you looking forward to with Eden?

The right place for talking about Dark Age of Camelot or Eden
Senxdrax
Wanderer
Wanderer

What are you looking forward to with Eden?

For me its hopefully a stable design upon launch and a vibrant sense of community based on these forums. Also a less monotone/grindy lvling experience and more focus on questing and dungeon gameplay.

Lessons that were hopefully learnt in Celestius:

1. Discord as a main communication tool for thousands of players is not sufficient - its chaotic, unorganized.

2. Knee-jerk reactions and changes due to impulsive discord outcrys - celestius was largely under heavy development After launch which caused alot of instability for the players.

3. Pve as an afterthought heavily impacts the longetivity of a freeshard. Has to be more content, quests and immersion to keep people interested.

4. Promote coop gameplay, ie dungeons.

5. Promote notoriety and fame - ie the best crafters, guilds, soloers, stealthers etc - a herald.
Pretorica
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: What are you looking forward to with Eden?

The best time i had in Daoc was on Salisbury/Bossiney....Eden seems to be very near to this Servers.
102 stats, manapool,castspeed,healbonus and so on making temp build very interesting and from what i hear, we will have many PvE content beside RvR. Xp in Battlegrounds or many different pve spots sounds nice too (ToA Region included). I think we will do many different Raids to complete our templates + I like NF more then OF.....there are many things to look forward :D
Banjax
Wanderer
Wanderer

Some of the best MMO memories I have were from this game. Hoping to make some new ones. I'm looking forward to classic merged with NF! Though, hoping the leveling is faster these days?
Pezzor
Wanderer
Wanderer

Banjax wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:31 pm Though, hoping the leveling is faster these days?
Estimated 24 hours /played to 50. That comes from the devs. But best bet is to play alpha and test things out. Lots of stuff subject to change as we test for bugs and such.
andy4gs
Wanderer
Wanderer

I love the Toa stats. So building a template is more exciting. I also like the patch level. Some classes got some love and are more playable now.

Take your time. The start has to be bug free and the server has to be able to run with 3k-4k players.
Marcus
Count
Count

andy4gs wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:23 am I love the Toa stats. So building a template is more exciting. I also like the patch level. Some classes got some love and are more playable now.

Take your time. The start has to be bug free and the server has to be able to run with 3k-4k players.
Fear not! We are using very stable code and will be able to handle 3k-4k players. Many of the core gameplay systems (combat, abilities, pets, pathing, etc) are very bug free.
Jabstar
Wanderer
Wanderer

Most things look fine to me. Only season might stop me from playing.
Lazarett
Wanderer
Wanderer

Reset to Level 1 .... if someone want to level with friends, he/she can create a new char.

Reset RR could be a good idea, because unbeatable RR10+ player come closer to casual players.
They will still win the fights because they are the better players (charhandling , micromanagement ...) but it will be not so easy.
Viswire
Wanderer
Wanderer

Was looking forward to playing a Heretic, Was one of my favorite characters back in the day. But once again hoping to be able to get in and enjoy the fun old times. I mean I even enjoyed the old grind for crafting so let's go already! :) Looking forward to it!