What are you looking forward to with Eden?

The right place for talking about Dark Age of Camelot or Eden
Greakon
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: What are you looking forward to with Eden?

I love Celestius, I'm more of a PvE player. I'm hoping the buffbot will make a return in PvE areas only and will allow multiple accounts in PvE areas only as well. You don't need more than 1 account with buffs removed in PvP zones. I'm worried about the seasons too. I like to play different toons before I reach 50. This means I wont have a 50 and if I do, it won't be for long. And I like a change of scenery by changing realms for PvE. I won't PvP much other than BGs.

EDIT: I just seen the FAQ 1 account allowed. i wont be joining.
I really wish you'd keep Celestius open for us PvErs... back to D2 I go

EDIT: I've decided to give this server a try and I'm actually enjoying it. I'm still worried how seasons will go but I'm have lots of fun
Last edited by Greakon on Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:03 am, edited 5 times in total.
Kytec
Wanderer
Wanderer

Live servers seem to have pooled into very experienced older players that are massively high RR. While I love my Heretic, I can totally get behind not having Catacombs classes since they are fairly broken. I really long for that old PVE experience, where you group with other players to level and raid.

I would absolutely love it if Darkness Falls was more similar to the old style than the new. Succubusses shouldn't have mezz, Mahr shouldn't root, all the slog of effects that the mobs were given to snare everyone but the highest mastery stealthers was super annoying. DF used to be my favorite place in gaming history. Farming Diamond seals while the looming threat of players jumping you lurked around every corner, clashes with groups over the Highlords, delving into the depths where people hardly ever went to fight the princes, Beliathan, and Legion were my favorite experiences. Would really love to see what you do with it, but I will love it regardless.

I look forwards to recreating my oldest character, a hybrid spec Armsman. I miss when block chance was higher, but i'll gladly bring friends along to make a group to explore how Eden presents my favorite old game!
Ancient (Cultist)
Wanderer
Wanderer

I have never played under this patch level / Rule set. I've played around with my beloved Paladin on the character builder and can't wait to get my hands on it. To me its a brand new class in an time tested favorite game.
tator69
Wanderer
Wanderer

Wife and I are really looking forward to some questing and cool one-time drops from the named mobs while leveling our mains. We've been playing DAoC off and on from the beginning ❤️
Marcus
Count
Count

Kytec wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:11 pm Live servers seem to have pooled into very experienced older players that are massively high RR. While I love my Heretic, I can totally get behind not having Catacombs classes since they are fairly broken. I really long for that old PVE experience, where you group with other players to level and raid.

I would absolutely love it if Darkness Falls was more similar to the old style than the new. Succubusses shouldn't have mezz, Mahr shouldn't root, all the slog of effects that the mobs were given to snare everyone but the highest mastery stealthers was super annoying. DF used to be my favorite place in gaming history. Farming Diamond seals while the looming threat of players jumping you lurked around every corner, clashes with groups over the Highlords, delving into the depths where people hardly ever went to fight the princes, Beliathan, and Legion were my favorite experiences. Would really love to see what you do with it, but I will love it regardless.

I look forwards to recreating my oldest character, a hybrid spec Armsman. I miss when block chance was higher, but i'll gladly bring friends along to make a group to explore how Eden presents my favorite old game!
Thank you all for showing interest in Eden. We are hard at work building. Join our discord if you haven't (link on the top right of page). We have some fun ideas for DF. Stay tuned during alpha/beta!
FrostySabertoofs
Wanderer
Wanderer

Cat mounts. Serious post. Zero sarcasm. I love mounts. Always have. Always will. The idea of cat mounts exclusive to Eden has my undivided attention.
J4b0k
Wanderer
Wanderer

I just want the Bossiney feel.. It was the best time I ever had in DAoC. I'm really looking forward, to get the same'ish experience this time around, on a realm I didn't get to try back then :)
Basco
Wanderer
Wanderer

Less grindy works for me. The more pvp focus seems awesome too, bg lvl'n etc.
Zephf
Wanderer
Wanderer

speed warps as baseline for casters. give people a way to disengage terrible scenarios.
Xentrix
Soldier
Soldier

Zephf wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:59 am speed warps as baseline for casters. give people a way to disengage terrible scenarios.
Absolutely NOT ty,

Speed warps are garbage. This coming from a caster 8man leader FYI <<

Much rather rely on SKILL and being able to read the battlefield