I really like Eden but please get rid of the seasonal wipes.

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
penteles
Esquire
Esquire

Re: I really like Eden but please get rid of the seasonal wipes.

PvE in Eden is so trivialized, that losing your progress means pretty much nothing.

Theres no endless raiding to get your template done (with currencies, you can template any class in few days). Only minor inconvinience is glass because actually need to do the raid to get credit (others can be bought with frontier quests).

All CL levels, etc is just a breeze in here (do one raid to get 5 levels).

Its great if you only care about RvR, but i think its also Eden's biggest weakness (i belong to the minority that think DAoC PvE is actually entertaining).

If you can breeze to templated guy in few days, i wouldnt complain too much about losing your progress.
Roks
Wanderer
Wanderer

I kinda agree with getting rid of seasonal wipes. I have a few friends that want to play again that played in season 1, but losing all money, gear, and levels kinda sucks. They would love to just have their 50s and come back and have fun when they have the time.
Gear grinding and leveling up takes a lot of time and schedules really mess with that with our age base. lol

There is so many options that will allow player to grind out currency over time. But what I think that there should be added bonuses on doing the harder raids, or have raid seasons...like this month DF drops 2x amount or next month SI dungeon does this. So that dead raids will be active again. Just brainstorming some ideas.

So if we get to keep our levels, gear and loyalty bonuses...(can we have traitor titles if we switch realms a lot? where that gives xp to X level or bonuses to others that do not have traitor? This would keep a healthy leveling community and a flow between the three realms) BUT if we get to keep our levels, gear, houses, and etc...should we have an RR wipe to say RR5?
High RR players keeps their damage bonuses and have their rr5 abilities, but they are not oversaturated by RAs (even if the cap is low) compared to a new 50 thats templated. It creates a challenge. Those high RR players will achieve their RR again quite quickly...but it doesnt hurt the game when you see a bunch of lords, herras and baruns running around ... but i do think those titles should remain tho...even if your rvr title becomes briton eagle knight, but your soandso ofalbion your title below would be lord, or bane of midgard.

The game does have a lot of changes that makes things fast the can keep casuals in the fun but those same changes help hardcore players and people with more time to advance. Casuals is what keeps games active IMO.
shoke
Soldier
Soldier

Roks wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:15 pm I kinda agree with getting rid of seasonal wipes. I have a few friends that want to play again that played in season 1, but losing all money, gear, and levels kinda sucks. They would love to just have their 50s and come back and have fun when they have the time.
Gear grinding and leveling up takes a lot of time and schedules really mess with that with our age base. lol

There is so many options that will allow player to grind out currency over time. But what I think that there should be added bonuses on doing the harder raids, or have raid seasons...like this month DF drops 2x amount or next month SI dungeon does this. So that dead raids will be active again. Just brainstorming some ideas.

So if we get to keep our levels, gear and loyalty bonuses...(can we have traitor titles if we switch realms a lot? where that gives xp to X level or bonuses to others that do not have traitor? This would keep a healthy leveling community and a flow between the three realms) BUT if we get to keep our levels, gear, houses, and etc...should we have an RR wipe to say RR5?
High RR players keeps their damage bonuses and have their rr5 abilities, but they are not oversaturated by RAs (even if the cap is low) compared to a new 50 thats templated. It creates a challenge. Those high RR players will achieve their RR again quite quickly...but it doesnt hurt the game when you see a bunch of lords, herras and baruns running around ... but i do think those titles should remain tho...even if your rvr title becomes briton eagle knight, but your soandso ofalbion your title below would be lord, or bane of midgard.

The game does have a lot of changes that makes things fast the can keep casuals in the fun but those same changes help hardcore players and people with more time to advance. Casuals is what keeps games active IMO.
The rr side of your post is already what happens, realm rank is time gated and the cap gradually increases over time.

So essentially you just want for this to be a permanent server, which we all know doesn't work over time. Eden already died once, if it wasn't for seasonal wipes Eden wouldn't even be available anymore.
trajons
Wanderer
Wanderer

penteles wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:45 am PvE in Eden is so trivialized, that losing your progress means pretty much nothing.

Theres no endless raiding to get your template done (with currencies, you can template any class in few days). Only minor inconvinience is glass because actually need to do the raid to get credit (others can be bought with frontier quests).

Its great if you only care about RvR, but i think its also Eden's biggest weakness (i belong to the minority that think DAoC PvE is actually entertaining).

If you can breeze to templated guy in few days, i wouldnt complain too much about losing your progress.
We definitely don't have the same definition of "breeze". In many years of DAoC, doing a raid was possible only 2 times with my life schedule. So 2 raids to get 5 levels means I could hope to get one able character in....several...seasons. That's the end of me playing here, let alone restarting after my first season. That is why I stopped playing DAoC in the first place when Atlantis came out.
So far I just reached lvl 24 and I like that I did not have to do more than playing RvR to get descent stuffing. From what I read, I might not go further than lvl 49 if I need to connect for several hours and at specific time to be able to be decently equipped for RvR
shoke
Soldier
Soldier

trajons wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 6:55 am
penteles wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:45 am PvE in Eden is so trivialized, that losing your progress means pretty much nothing.

We definitely don't have the same definition of "breeze". In many years of DAoC, doing a raid was possible only 2 times with my life schedule. So 2 raids to get 5 levels means I could hope to get one able character in....several...seasons. That's the end of me playing here, let alone restarting after my first season. That is why I stopped playing DAoC in the first place when Atlantis came out.
So far I just reached lvl 24 and I like that I did not have to do more than playing RvR to get descent stuffing. From what I read, I might not go further than lvl 49 if I need to connect for several hours and at specific time to be able to be decently equipped for RvR
If your schedule is extremely limited (which it appears to be), staying in battlegrounds is definitely a good alternative.

I would stop in Molvik (level 39) instead of going to 49.

TO perform in CV, you'll actually need to farm items and put a template together, which is time consuming.

In Molvik, the "free" gear you get from the bounty merchant is very competitive, and the level is high enough that you have mosat of your class abilities.