Dual Spec

Find any bug ? Report it !
Shoryuken
Wanderer
Wanderer

Dual spec resets chat and log windows

Some other people have the same bug on discord so I decided to do a proper bug report.
Steps I did to reproduce :
  • Enabled dual spec on my main character and currently uses the 2nd spec ;
  • Everytime I log an alt (they don't have dual spec and I don't have one with it to test) after being on my main character, everything about chat and log windows reset. Their window alpha, positions, sizes, messages colors, filters per tab, and font sizes go back to default. Not sure I forgot some parameters but you get the idea.
The rest of the UI seems fine.
Schore159
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Dual spec resets chat and log windows

I have the exact same problem and its annoying. Are there any infos on a fix ?
ivan
Wanderer
Wanderer

Actually I'm facing the same issue; when log another toon after played with dual spec enabled toon, log and chat windows are wrongly set and totally different from before.
Liam
Wanderer
Wanderer

Same issue here, it seems the whole [chat] section of the characters .ini file is being reset along with any chatwindow variables from [panels], only happened after buying dual spec for a different character
fuzzlix
Wanderer
Wanderer

Problems with /dualspec and multiple toons

Hi.
Suppose i have 1 toon using dualspec and some other toons without dualspec.
As long i start eden launcher and play 1 toon and quit daoc afterwards all seems fine.
As soon i switch toons insite daoc and/or switching dualspec my ui settings (window pos, active channels, ...) become screwed up even on inactive toons.

After a lot of testing i have the strong feeling someone saves the wrong ui settings (1 instead 2 and 2 instead 1). As singe spec toons have no 2nd ui settings, a save fails and you start with a default ui setting next time you log in the toon.

As a workaround i leave daoc+launcher completely before playing a different toon.
fuzzlix
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Problems with /dualspec and multiple toons

Still, changing my dualspec on my dualspec-toon screws up combat- and chat- windows on my non-dualspec toons. i found no workaround so far.

if you want to test it on my account, contact me.
Talo
Wanderer
Wanderer

Chat settings resetting after dualspec logout

After logging out a toon that has dualspec on next character the chat settings are overwritten in some kind.
Strangely it is not the default setting, but the location of journal, concentration window and combat chat window are changed, transparency settings are back to default for general chat and combat chat and chat colors are reset too.
Also the check flags of chat types are reset (advice and trade enable themselfs, got em always off).

This is reproducable. Logging in a character, that has its active role on dualspec 2, logging out, loggin in another "normal" toon and then its ini is scrambled.

Fix for user: Logout and Copy ini from Backup.

(Using BysonUi that was brought with DAoC Eden. But dont think it is UI issue cuz it just happens after dualspec)
EFFE_EUE
Wanderer
Wanderer

I also have problems with this.
fuzzlix
Wanderer
Wanderer

The best workaround in this moment would be to deactivate the dualspec feature for my toon Fuzzlix. I dont want to reconfigure the ui for 10 minutes each time i switch to a different toon. Thank you. ( You can keep the 6p i payed for the dualspec stone).
Talo
Wanderer
Wanderer

i opened ticket for same problem little earlier but thread creator might have found a workaround.. if it is a save problem i will create 42er inis for all single spec chars and test some relog later.

EDIT PS: seems to work. created ini 42 for my level toon, logged out cleric with dualspec 2, logged in level toon.. no chat resets!