Realms imbalance

Discuss about RvR
leo_daoc
Wanderer
Wanderer

Realms imbalance

It’s a fact that HIB at the moment is the strongest realm both in terms of population and rps gained.

I can’t say why: op classes, more skilled players, better organization, favorable patch level… probably it’s a mix of them, anyway in the medium term this great unbalance is not healthy for the server. And this because if ppl don’t make rps they stop playing.

For instance, I play on MID during EU primetime and I stopped joining the BG because it’s not fun 80% of the time being rolled by a BG 3x bigger.

To counter this situation I’d put a bonus on rp gain to ALB and MID (for instance, if you usually get 1k rps per kill make it be 1.5 or 2k), so doing:
- rps earnings will be more balanced
- some ppl prolly will switch realm

What do you think guys?
shieldladaoc
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Realms imbalance

I can see from your perspective playing on EU time how it can be rough.

EU HIBS ARE SUPER BUSY. When I log in during the US work day at around 11am EST we have almost all of the keeps and always have DF. While all that is going on, there are also multiple pve raids going. It's not this way every single day, but most days it is.

Hibs on the North American time frame are not busy, and usually by 8:30PM EST we have lost all our home keeps and teleports. Our evening BG struggles with numbers often. There is very rarely a pve raid in the evening unless the dragon pops or the server goes down or something. It's not this way every night as exceptions do happen, but it usually is.

There's also a strange paradox too where Hib has the least captures but the most RPs gained. I'm not sure what to make of that.

From my perspective and play time, aside from the RP paradox, I see Hib as the struggling realm. So just like you, I rarely participate now in the RVR BGs for the same reasons. Note too that Hib did not win the recent event, but Alb did. Midgard did come in last though in all fairness so maybe the issues are really more specific to Midgard and not tied to the other two realms.

But that being said please never implement population based bonuses. Ywain on live does this, and it ultimately leads to inbred RVR where everybody just follows the bonuses. The currently loyalty bonuses are not really enough to encourage a RP hungry player to stick to a realm, but a shifting RP bonus that moves with pop will have people hopping. It's a bit like putting lead in the gasoline, seems like a good idea at the time but has very toxic fallout later.
Druth
Esquire
Esquire

It is a problem, and one that will escalate as people stop joining BG's.

The cause is irrelevant. There should not be such a huge difference between the realms, in terms of rps gained per week.

Imo, best way is to reward bonus rps, based on activity in your realm and based on the rps you gained, that removes any incentive to jump to better bonuses. But you'd also have to base it on the time of day you gained them.
Complex stuff.
Greenangel
Esquire
Esquire

I dont know the devs are makeing DAOC for unreal engine 5 and i hope they look more balanceing and think about revamping lot clases for all realms.

Changeing anything now is unfair to people who rolled Hibernia and put effort in get high level. Its not needed or wanted this is just season 2. If hibernia dominate cause people to log there have no action no rvr thats there own fault.

Hibernia problems

Haveing 3 casters that can quick cast stun 4 nuck you dead.
I would give this ability to 1 caster in each realm in the unreal engne 5 revamp and take it away from two hib casters.

As a albion i am not at all scared of getting on walls of tower keep nucking crap out mids at moment but when i see hibs i just dread and fear the quick cast stun im dead.

Bainshee cone nucks killing people behind walls in towers and keeps and people are constantly bug abuseing with this class in towers keeps i dont see any bans .

Healing and disase mushrooms really why give hibernia more of a buff in keep and tower defense. There boreing camping kings of towers and keeps in this server with mushrooms and pbaoe and there quick cast stun casters on the walls.

Most caster friendly Server ever made for DAOC with toa buffs more caster debuffs for nucks and no Mls benfits realm of casters with quick cast stun and 4 nucks your dead. tanks die just die fast here.

I played Uthgard phonix orignal daoc servers and Eden and in my view i never seen server with such caster friendllyness.

Warden a tank prety much with blade turn for group and slam . No other realm has that imagin given hertic or valkyrie blade turn as that what the nearist healers with slam are to the warden. But then warden has big lack dps spells compared to the other support healers just no balance in support healers.

50 retired hibs or hibs on benfits in morning hitting on empty keeps for one month every Eu morning doing tasks to get higher realm ranks then other realms so they can always out damage there enmys with more realm abilitys.
Not bug abuseing just smart tactics really and a oversight in game design with tasks. Taken keeps with no defenders should mean alot lower realm points maybe.

Server balance of level 50s in rvr for each realm at that time and moment i no idea how fix this maybe with unreal engine 5 and some good brain work.

I dont know why with great imagination and talent there can be better balanced and rewards for realm vs realm or 8vs8 or even 1v1 in a compleatly readesigned daoc for unreal 5. But most community is old stuck in there ways and probley does not want see that much change and wants all 3 realms to keep there identity which i can understand as a old person.

But daoc freeshards normaly dies off due to balance issues and population one sided realms. And if one side gets more realm abilitys toys then other two faster it will kill server quick.

The statment above by Druth 100% corret.

I played hibernia on Uthgard as a warden and i remnber flump useing a broken realm ability to 2 shot kill my warden with his bersker the devs allowed flump and mids bug abuse get high realm rank and people started quit like mad. there was other issues there but that was big one.

I still supprised Hibernia lost event when most albion groups where made up realm rank 3 people vs realm rank 5l8 but the leaderships and organisation of albion was far better then hibernia leaderships.
Lichtsang
Wanderer
Wanderer

Now we have the situation, who many wrote about. Mid quit the game more and more.. Its no fun anymore playing in open nf. U wanna solo get farmed by 3 to5 hibs. Wann duo , farmed by 5 to 8 hibs, start joining the zerg.. get farmed by other zrg with 3x players. Starting group with 8 and had to farm pve scouts or behemoth to get rps... its less attractive to play mid in a mage based rvr.. starting hib to not die every 10 mins, u have to seek enemys and less fear to loose. to even this situation mid had to get the warlock maybe to have 1 more mage class.. but no we got enother melee and nerved version of valk. Play also since fresh live server and there was often imbalance but never that much. Yesterday tried ally rvr with 5 grp.. wiped a couple times at huge imba hib zerg... got rupted everywhere in inner keep also direktly at lord with closed doors... tried some pve deserter, scout and so on after zerg, but so boring, that people left quickly.. tried twink in bg got wiped multiple times at hib and alb zerg... no way
xisted
Soldier
Soldier

magic dmg is to high.
Hibs can stun/ cast and kill 95% of all classes befor you even reach them even when ur fully temped
mid is the melee realm but we all have to spec in purge 5 or els we dead everytime u fight hibs ....thats 30 mandatory realm points we have to use
i thought CL was going to increase hp but it takes forever to get cl 10 so.

* lower purge cooldown so we dont have to spend so many points into it
* increase the xp gain for cl and increase the hp gain by 1500 / or give all classes the invisibility shield thats on live..havent played in years so i dont know the name

everyone say hibs are OP even some hibs say hibs are OP and some how devs are the ones that sit there wondering are hibs OP?
Nidd
Wanderer
Wanderer

Always the same augments just refreshed, Hib is not op you are just bad at daoc, it's that simple.

Form groups get organised. that is the correct counter.
xisted
Soldier
Soldier

Nidd wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:58 am Always the same augments just refreshed, Hib is not op you are just bad at daoc, it's that simple.

Form groups get organised. that is the correct counter.
98% of the player base dont do that

so when its trash grps vs trash grps hibs got the better trash grp
Sathariel
Esquire
Esquire

Druth wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:13 am
The cause is irrelevant. There should not be such a huge difference between the realms, in terms of rps gained per week.
The cause is relevant. The rp/h of everyone at the top spots of the ladder was checked. rp/h is very close to each other.
You know what was not close? The h. They play way more than most, with some averaging 14h a day.
Druth
Esquire
Esquire

Sathariel wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:17 pm
Druth wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:13 am
The cause is relevant. The rp/h of everyone at the top spots of the ladder was checked. rp/h is very close to each other.
You know what was not close? The h. They play way more than most, with some averaging 14h a day.
I agree, the reason matters. Why I wrote it, is because you end going down a rabbit-hole with reasons, that opens new questions, with answers that opens new questions.

Why does hibs play more hours?