Out of Range Casts?

The right place for talking about Dark Age of Camelot or Eden
Masakari
Wanderer
Wanderer

Out of Range Casts?

Hi,
when i played Daoc last time ( stopped with New Frontiers Update ).
you were able to finish a cast even when the target ran out of Range.
Now you cant anymore. Is this a bug or a feature?
Okay it makes Melee stronger again. But its still very very annoying. 1500 Range is not much. To use 1500 Range. You have to move close to like 1200 Range and less. And thats no real range anymore XD
PapaSchmu
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Out of Range Casts?

That was changed in vanilla DaoC sometimes around this Patch we are playing that there was a second range check before spell finish. As the system before was just too easy to abuse
FU
Wanderer
Wanderer

PapaSchmu wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:32 pm That was changed in vanilla DaoC sometimes around this Patch we are playing that there was a second range check before spell finish. As the system before was just too easy to abuse
"abuse"? sounds a bit harsh.
But people would run around corners and still get mezzed without attacker in sight and they complained enough to have their way of playing and their favored class advantaged.

Especially annoying would be the second range check with necro as the mana for the cast is allready spent.
I don't know how it is for necro right now, i may test it, but it would really suck if you have 4 range checks for necro, beginning of cast and end for pet AND shadow. That would disqualify the class for casting in labyrinthine environments, basically most infights in towers and staircases
PapaSchmu
Wanderer
Wanderer

from what I tested so far on necro for pet casts shade LoS does not matter as long as pet has LoS..and yeah the mana drain is a thing, but if you hammer the key you dont even need LoS issues your mana just keeps going down :D