are assasins trash?

Discuss about RvR
xisted
Soldier
Soldier

are assasins trash?

are assasins trash? i almost never se any inf/ns/sb are they bad or somthing? why dont people play them?
Pollo Jack
Esquire
Esquire

Re: are assasins trash?

Traditionally, assassins were the most expensive to template as you needed 8 weapons for one fight.

They aren't good for farming and rarely get groups after lvl 40.

Almost every shard favors groups rather than solos.

Assassins being squishy get wrekd pretty hard by any adds while having Vanish on a 15 minute timer as their only escape.

You also won't win every fight just because you are playing the solo class. My RR3 necro could take down RR9 NSs for instance.
dsai6714
Wanderer
Wanderer

They are trash. On Phoenix they weren't to bad. Rangers are the same boat. So much to sticking to live as much as possible. If they start doing well in groups such as a stealth group, you probably can expect something to be nerfed to compensate.
acery88
Wanderer
Wanderer

Played live from April 2002 to just after catacombs was introduced. I played an inf on Lancelot and hit RR7 on the old RP system and then quickly vamp’s up to RR8 after kills went from 900 rps to 2300 rps per kill. I either ran in a visi guild group (8 ma) or I ran solo. Solo was fun in OF because there was no porting past potential hot spots. All you had to do was look at keep status and pick your honeyhole. MGs and the paths from PKs were choke points.

NF killed that with keep porting. Assassins now skirt huge battles. You either stealth Zerg stragglers to hit fast and run or take your chances running solo deep into NF XP areas only to be hit by higher RR 3-mans that are out to kill a level 40 killing crabs.

Camping routes to docks creates assassin V assassin fights that always seem to get run over by visibles as if the timing can’t be any more impeccable.

I leveled a shadowblade here. I ran with zero stealth in BGs and did ok for myself. High weapon/LA/envenom made killing whatever I came across a little easier. It sucked when archers got to me though because I could not close distance with leather armor. I pushed that toon to 50 and started a berserker. If I’m going to run around being visible, I might as well hit like a truck.
Acerie - 50 SB - Eden -Shelved for the moment
Yreca - 4L1 Zerk - Eden
Acery - Lancelot - RR8 Infil - Account active - Semi-Retired.