Eden on new Macbook Pro

If you have trouble with something In-Game, with the client or the forum.
reallygoodmostly
Wanderer
Wanderer

Eden on new Macbook Pro

Hey all,

I'm out of home for work for a few months and would love to have Eden DAOC on my Macbook, having some trouble though. I'm trying CrossOver right now, but am down to try Parallels or something else if that works better.

I was able to make a DAOC bottle with Crossover that gets Eden up and running. I can get to character select screen and have been able to log in a few times. But the times I have logged in, the framerate is shit and I end up crashing if I move the camera too much. Also, unless I run in Full Windowed mode, the game will just quit from character selection when I try to log in on a character. I set the graphic settings to Highest Framerate possible (everything off) and it doesn't seem to matter much for in game framerate.

My CrossOver bottle settings:

-Windows 7 32 bit
-Installed DAOC base client first, then .net framework 4.5.2, then Eden launcher
-Have tried playing with various bottle settings (Esync on/off, DXVK on/off, etc.)

My Macbook 16-inch, 2023
Mac OS Ventura (13.2.1)
Chip: Apple M2 Max
GPU: Oddly don't know how to find, let me know if this is relevant.

Thanks!
reallygoodmostly
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Eden on new Macbook Pro

My solution to this was to switch to Parallels, alas. But, it works great. So if anyone has a newer Macbook with the M chips that's what I'd recommend.

Cheers!
Alvis
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Eden on new Macbook Pro

I have a similar experience trying to run under Crossover on my new M3. Game starts, but after the screen and NPCs in Camelot load the game crashes.

What OS did you use under Parallels? I have an old Windows XP disc but wondering what the best approach would be. Any advice on the best Windows version to install and where to get it for minimal cost would be appreciated.