Autohotkeys will the ruin the server.

Discuss about RvR
rgarrett15
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Autohotkeys will the ruin the server.

im kinda surprised by how many people actually promote cheating and no longer like hitting the buttons for themselves with timing and skill

isnt it boring to be able to go afk and have a robot play for you i dont understand why so angry
[UHHH] Jubbin
Warrior
Warrior

Idi wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:36 am
rgarrett15 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:34 am This is why i quit originally

auto hotkey made the game pointless to play everyone just cheats in the game
Lowest I.Q. take of all.

Macro mice and keyboards were available at launch, and yet you're sniveling about AHK 20 years after the game was released.

Go away.

You won't be missed.
How on earth did you play when this game released? Are you implying people can't play without AHK and if you're against it you have low IQ?
[UHHH] Jubbin
Warrior
Warrior

It is so sad to see my favorite game of all time, PvE and Specially PvP go through this.. It got turned into a bunch of automated reaction time.. no more hand eye coordination, no more manually swapping weapons or applying poisons, no more manually pressing chants, or twisting. All of it is over. The good ol' days have long past and now all the hardcore fans of DAoC are lost in AHK.

Main reason devs don't do anything about AHK is simply because their population would dwindle, period.. The excuses that they can't detect it is bonkers.. you don't need to spy on their PC or detect anything 3rd party/app related when you can just see it with your eyes lol.. just play on the server, and watch people play.. It's so easy, it's beyond annoying hearing excuses being made for AHK. Just be real: Devs want a server population and devs know that everyone uses AHK, and if they ban for it or actually take action against AHK, they wouldn't have but like 12 people on their servers.

Then the community acts like you just killed their dog when you bring it up.

I would even volunteer/for free, go around and find every last one of them for the Devs, if they "Cant detect them".. I'll record it, and find every last one of them.. for free.. At most, In a 1 week span, I would effectively put a stop to anyone using AHK..
Idi
Warrior
Warrior

[UHHH] Jubbin wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:56 am How on earth did you play when this game released?
Poorly, until I started using the same programmable game pad I was using for flight sims. I played less poorly, then.
[UHHH] Jubbin wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:56 am Are you implying people can't play without AHK
No.
[UHHH] Jubbin wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:56 am
if you're against it you have low IQ?
Yes. Absolutely low I.Q.. Bitching about AHK is like bitching about people using modern wide screen monitors instead of the crappy 17" CRT monitors that were more common at the launch of the game. Macro options have been available to players since launch. Get over it already, or just go away.
[UHHH] Jubbin
Warrior
Warrior

Idi wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:28 am
[UHHH] Jubbin wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:56 am How on earth did you play when this game released?
Poorly, until I started using the same programmable game pad I was using for flight sims. I played less poorly, then.
[UHHH] Jubbin wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:56 am Are you implying people can't play without AHK
No.
[UHHH] Jubbin wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:56 am
if you're against it you have low IQ?
Yes. Absolutely low I.Q.. Bitching about AHK is like bitching about people using modern wide screen monitors instead of the crappy 17" CRT monitors that were more common at the launch of the game. Macro options have been available to players since launch. Get over it already, or just go away.
yeah which is totally why you need a 3rd party app to do it instead of the OG game mechanics.. lol you're not convincing anyone but yourself and those who use AHK as a crutch to their own hand eye coordination.
Druth
Esquire
Esquire

[UHHH] Jubbin wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:24 am yeah which is totally why you need a 3rd party app to do it instead of the OG game mechanics.. lol you're not convincing anyone but yourself and those who use AHK as a crutch to their own hand eye coordination.
I think it's going down the rabbit-hole on "this is how you should play DaoC, because...", which often boils down to, "because this is how I played it".

How people played DaoC in 2002, is very different from how they played in 2007, and again to 2020.
[UHHH] Jubbin
Warrior
Warrior

Druth wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:26 pm
[UHHH] Jubbin wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:24 am yeah which is totally why you need a 3rd party app to do it instead of the OG game mechanics.. lol you're not convincing anyone but yourself and those who use AHK as a crutch to their own hand eye coordination.
I think it's going down the rabbit-hole on "this is how you should play DaoC, because...", which often boils down to, "because this is how I played it".

How people played DaoC in 2002, is very different from how they played in 2007, and again to 2020.
The game was simply never meant originally to be played with 3rd party programs, specially ones that have "Auto" in it's name.. the game was highly contestant on the fact you had to have hand eye coordination and press everything manually, somewhere down the line, it was turned into- whoever had the better scripts and macros/autohotkey.. Nobody is going to tell me otherwise for any game that was originally meant to showcase human reaction times in a skill based game.. It's = to people using cronus on FPS games.

Anyone remember when people hardly played Pally back in the day because you had to manually press your chants to twist? now it's 1 button.. It's not a matter of what playstyle was better or worse for the player or what it boils down to "This is how I played it", nah it was "This is how you're supposed to play".. it's been watered down in time to where now it's like UO where you are almost required to use razor to play. The gaming community has shifted into a lazy pile of dooky that I cannot respect. I've seen so many videos of people trying to brag about their sneak/assassin getting kills in RvR but then you can see the same author has videos and tutorials on how to use AHK for 1 button to swap, apply poisons and abilities XD that's so corny vs how the game was designed.. it took skill to do things manually, and if you were good at it, you were a rare breed and people would know through that, not through AHK getting the job done for you. It's lazy, and sad to see that the 1-2k people left playing these games HAVE to use AHK or they wont play.. THAT, is garbage... sorry but.. it is what it is.

I've seen if commands auto heal.... auto purge... and so on.. that to me ruins the game.. If you're a trash healer, then get better, you shouldn't be a healer if you are using if commands or AHK. How is this so hard for the community to see? there are only a couple thousand players left on these free shards.. a good 80+% use AHK.

Like I've stated before... DAoC/Free shards will wilt down to *Whoever has better AHK functions*... My bot is better than your bot lol
rgarrett15
Wanderer
Wanderer

lol dude compared a larger monitor size to a program that automatically plays yer char for u lol lol
Druth
Esquire
Esquire

[UHHH] Jubbin wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:56 am

The game was simply never meant originally to be played with 3rd party programs, specially ones that have "Auto" in it's name.. the game was highly contestant on the fact you had to have hand eye coordination and press everything manually, somewhere down the line, it was turned into- whoever had the better scripts and macros/autohotkey.. Nobody is going to tell me otherwise for any game that was originally meant to showcase human reaction times in a skill based game.. It's = to people using cronus on FPS games.

Anyone remember when people hardly played Pally back in the day because you had to manually press your chants to twist? now it's 1 button.. It's not a matter of what playstyle was better or worse for the player or what it boils down to "This is how I played it", nah it was "This is how you're supposed to play".. it's been watered down in time to where now it's like UO where you are almost required to use razor to play. The gaming community has shifted into a lazy pile of dooky that I cannot respect. I've seen so many videos of people trying to brag about their sneak/assassin getting kills in RvR but then you can see the same author has videos and tutorials on how to use AHK for 1 button to swap, apply poisons and abilities XD that's so corny vs how the game was designed.. it took skill to do things manually, and if you were good at it, you were a rare breed and people would know through that, not through AHK getting the job done for you. It's lazy, and sad to see that the 1-2k people left playing these games HAVE to use AHK or they wont play.. THAT, is garbage... sorry but.. it is what it is.

I've seen if commands auto heal.... auto purge... and so on.. that to me ruins the game.. If you're a trash healer, then get better, you shouldn't be a healer if you are using if commands or AHK. How is this so hard for the community to see? there are only a couple thousand players left on these free shards.. a good 80+% use AHK.

Like I've stated before... DAoC/Free shards will wilt down to *Whoever has better AHK functions*... My bot is better than your bot lol
DaoC is still a skillbased game, maybe the "agile hands" lost a small edge, but you still win fights by playing smart.

Paladins were not played because they sucked, minstrels were harder to juggle/play, and were plenty played, because they were amazing. Paladins are played here, because they are actually okay, not friar good, but okay.
This has very little to do with AHK, and almost everything to do with history.

DaoC was "meant" to be played as a group, and still we have people running solo, buffed/charged.
Some think DaoC is a PvP game, meant to be played 8v8, some that it's a RvR game, meant to be played zerg vs zerg.

The game has evolved many times, and every time people have had strong opinions on the "right" way.

Finally about "ruining server doom-saying".
Uthgard has a ban on anything remotely looking like AHK, and it's a desert. Also other factors, but people don't want those kind of servers, some started playing it when they were young, and being 50, or 60, they don't want hand cramps from pressing/clicking to many buttons.
The game they started playing had a lot fewer things needed to press/click, than what we have now.
[UHHH] Jubbin
Warrior
Warrior

Druth wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:33 am
[UHHH] Jubbin wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:56 am

DaoC is still a skillbased game, maybe the "agile hands" lost a small edge, but you still win fights by playing smart.

Paladins were not played because they sucked, minstrels were harder to juggle/play, and were plenty played, because they were amazing. Paladins are played here, because they are actually okay, not friar good, but okay.
This has very little to do with AHK, and almost everything to do with history.

DaoC was "meant" to be played as a group, and still we have people running solo, buffed/charged.
Some think DaoC is a PvP game, meant to be played 8v8, some that it's a RvR game, meant to be played zerg vs zerg.

The game has evolved many times, and every time people have had strong opinions on the "right" way.

Finally about "ruining server doom-saying".
Uthgard has a ban on anything remotely looking like AHK, and it's a desert. Also other factors, but people don't want those kind of servers, some started playing it when they were young, and being 50, or 60, they don't want hand cramps from pressing/clicking to many buttons.
The game they started playing had a lot fewer things needed to press/click, than what we have now.
What it boils down to is the remaining DAoC community is 1 unit that migrates from server to server, roughly 2k players left, and out of those players, the majority absolutely need AHK or they wont play. Like you stated about Uth, it's a desert lolol.. the proof is in the pudding. It's not evolving the game if it's a 3rd party program that is required, now Eden has a built-in custom features to appease those players otherwise this server would too be just like Uth, and be deserted. again- you mentioned all the dots, but didn't connect them. the "Ruining server doom-saying" kinda goes hand in hand with what you mentioned about AHK and Uth.. I even mentioned this before your comment.. if Eden were to ban players for using AHK and actually advocated for in-game mechanics only, then we'd only have about 13 people playing on DAoC free shards.

Not sure why I bother typing out explanations because nobody seems to read...but, I've seen groups go afk while I'm on my archer, I see someone sitting and I go for a quick shoot and run and LITERALLY, as soon as I pop out of stealth and my arrow lands on my target, their healer auto heals with if commands on the target I shot lololol, inhumanly... Nobody reacts that fast.. without AHK I would have got that kill and ran off without anyone noticing due to them being afk. If you require AHK, it's a skill issue.. period. it's not a matter of how it was played back in the day. Why do you think Phoenix advocated on the removal of the stealther serge that occurred? stealthers with AHK are cheese.. and back in the days, SI era, Pally's were capable of soloing most DF raid trash mobs with 30-40 utility gear, diamonds mobs with ease.. They were amazing back in the day. not sure what you seem to recall about it but y'know. smh.

All I'm saying is- if you >need< AHK, it's a skill issue. it's not evolving the game. it just makes all the hard(er) to play classes ez mode which directly connects to skill issues and the player. I would love for the whole community to see this and realize what it's really doing. Now all of you guys are so stuck and lost without AHK it's crazy.. People complain about Aim assist, cronus and hackers/cheaters in FPS games when they have anything remotely automated, but for some reason in DAoC with the little people left playing the free shards- They love it. Can't get enough.