Opinion of Eden

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
shieldladaoc
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Opinion of Eden

The reset kept me away at first, but after thinking about it some more it sounds sort of relaxing starting next season and not having to worry about regrinding the low RR's again.

It's not like leveling and templating is hard here. Its' stupidly easy on both fronts since you don't have to worry about mythic stats and some of the ultra expensive items on Ywain. I dont even think it took a week to get to 50 and acceptably geared came a couple days afterwards while playing on a parenting schedule.
meriska_cutestuff
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Opinion of Eden

shoke wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:02 pm
meriska_cutestuff wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:21 am Yea the entire grind thing isn't fun at all, the reset is counterproductive. The game was created for 85% RvR and maybe 15% PvE there are MMOs with faaaaar better PvE out there and no shortage of them. The quest kill X amount and return to X is mind numbing boring, raids are a World of Warcraft thing so if your into that that's the game for you.

I agree, I do think live did many things right as well as wrong the difficult part is finding that middle ground were common sense combined with a good direction would make a thriving server never have to "reset" nor would lose population due to keeping it engaged with it's core fundamentals first and foremost mainly that being ***RvR***. Realm versus Realm is what made DAoC great not quests/PvE. Mythic did it best (other than ToA) after that it was all downhill, solo elitist garbage, addition of more PvE and lost sight of the foundation of the original game design...
The thing is you're not living in the real world.

The reality is that no daoc server can be made in a way that pop stays at a sufficient level to make it fun.

Live solution was to have people grind to r13 without the need to killing a single player in rvr (wuwu and doppels).

Celestius tried the no grind approach and while it was fun, it fizzled quickly.

Eden is prob the best compromise combining content creation, speed of progress and seasonal character resets (that aren't total server wipes since you keep progress between seasons).

Just magically thinking devs will create a server that will never need resets is wishful thinking.
Myself and my family played Mordred,Lance,Merlin and ywain for over all span of 2 decades without a reset. Honestly a new MMO is long overdue that's "like" DAoC however there is nothing left so that's why this game still has a niche/tiny minority trying to cling on to wait was. Live was great under Mythic as stated before besides (ToA) and the RR was fine, it went to garbage when broadsword took over.