Opinion of Eden

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
shieldladaoc
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Opinion of Eden

Its definitely hard to keep funding up if you use lots of charges and don't have a means to salvage or make plat other than RVR. I'm kind of OK with that.

I'm finding it's boring because the RP progression is super slow. RR5 is basically = RR10 on live. Not asking for 11k solo kills like on live or anything, but it would be nice if they added maybe 25-50% of your loyalty rating to RP gains while fighting for that realm.
Druth
Esquire
Esquire

I started a little more than ago, joined every raid I possibly could, and now have 4 templated chars.

Granted, I spend a lot of time doing it, but join every raid you can... helps a ton.
shieldladaoc
Warrior
Warrior

I have to be honest, the raids are nice but boring.

One one hand, its really nice to see the old SI dungeons like fomor and Tur Suil actually cleared. What was deep in these was always a bit of a mystery back in the day, and we only ever got so far with 1 group. No real incentive to take a BG in there back then. Its also nice the raids are fairly quick.

On the other hand, there's no sense of contribution or feeling that anything im doing in the raid actually matters. A lot of people are just autofollowing for credit. There's no challenge to them I guess, and its exceptionally rare that a raid wipes to pve circumstances.
meriska_cutestuff
Wanderer
Wanderer

Yea the entire grind thing isn't fun at all, the reset is counterproductive. The game was created for 85% RvR and maybe 15% PvE there are MMOs with faaaaar better PvE out there and no shortage of them. The quest kill X amount and return to X is mind numbing boring, raids are a World of Warcraft thing so if your into that that's the game for you.

I agree, I do think live did many things right as well as wrong the difficult part is finding that middle ground were common sense combined with a good direction would make a thriving server never have to "reset" nor would lose population due to keeping it engaged with it's core fundamentals first and foremost mainly that being ***RvR***. Realm versus Realm is what made DAoC great not quests/PvE. Mythic did it best (other than ToA) after that it was all downhill, solo elitist garbage, addition of more PvE and lost sight of the foundation of the original game design...
Novoal
Wanderer
Wanderer

shieldladaoc wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:06 pm Its definitely hard to keep funding up if you use lots of charges and don't have a means to salvage or make plat other than RVR. I'm kind of OK with that.

I'm finding it's boring because the RP progression is super slow. RR5 is basically = RR10 on live. Not asking for 11k solo kills like on live or anything, but it would be nice if they added maybe 25-50% of your loyalty rating to RP gains while fighting for that realm.
you're just wrong
shieldladaoc
Warrior
Warrior

Novoal wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:00 am you're just wrong
Not really. You're just trolling sadly :( Good to see we still have some very young people playing this game though.

The raids are boring to participate in and the progression is slow compared to live. If you just RVR and keep 4 charges up at all times you'll eventually outpace your rvr earnings and have to supplement with Hulks or something. Prove it otherwise, but I bet you can't.

All said and done it's still better than live.
Novoal
Wanderer
Wanderer

shieldladaoc wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:11 am
Novoal wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:00 am you're just wrong
Not really. You're just trolling sadly :( Good to see we still have some very young people playing this game though.

The raids are boring to participate in and the progression is slow compared to live. If you just RVR and keep 4 charges up at all times you'll eventually outpace your rvr earnings and have to supplement with Hulks or something. Prove it otherwise, but I bet you can't.

All said and done it's still better than live.
I am not trolling. You are wrong.

If you want to log in, be fully templated and RR12, stick to Ywain. There's clearly an extremely large percentage of the population that appreciates the speed of Eden (which is faster than Phoenix/Uthgard). People despise what Ywain has become. Why would you want Eden to make a copy of it? If it's too slow for you, don't log in. It's a free server, the fact you feel you have a right to whine about it is hilarious.
shieldladaoc
Warrior
Warrior

Novoal wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:28 am
I am not trolling. You are wrong.

If you want to log in, be fully templated and RR12, stick to Ywain. There's clearly an extremely large percentage of the population that appreciates the speed of Eden (which is faster than Phoenix/Uthgard). People despise what Ywain has become. Why would you want Eden to make a copy of it? If it's too slow for you, don't log in. It's a free server, the fact you feel you have a right to whine about it is hilarious.
You are clearly trolling, or have having reading issues. This is a feedback forum to provide feedback. The existence of the forum means they want feedback. Maybe you are in the wrong message board?

Ywain offers up to about 11k for solo kills. Completely overkill. You can log into Ywain and actually make over 100k for a single kill if your quests line up right. This is too much too fast.

Here we see about 800-1100. Adding a 25% for being 100% loyal isn't going to break anything or make a substantial difference. If the season has a lifespan of ~1 yr, then it's going take about 1/3 of that to even reach that level if you don't realm hop at all.

Again , prove it wrong. Or just reply with blah blah blah nobody likes Ywain everything here is so perfect nonsense again.
Druth
Esquire
Esquire

meriska_cutestuff wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:21 am Yea the entire grind thing isn't fun at all, the reset is counterproductive. The game was created for 85% RvR and maybe 15% PvE there are MMOs with faaaaar better PvE out there and no shortage of them. The quest kill X amount and return to X is mind numbing boring, raids are a World of Warcraft thing so if your into that that's the game for you.
Random numbers based of personal feelings.
There was on launch, so much PvE content, and not even a RA system. RvR was a thing, but the game was made like Everquest with strong PvP elements.
Every expansion added more PvE, or crafting system, which at the very least is not RvR.
PvE was always a major part of DaoC, from leveling to templating, or just farming.

Warcraft copied, or was highly inspired by, ToA, which was amazing PvE, with some sad side-effects.

No doubt the RvR is what draws in people to DaoC, but if you made Eden "insta 50/temp", you'd have small population that quickly declined to a small group of people fighting each other.

The reset being counterproductive, is uncertain. Never been done before, and dont think we'll see the actual effect till 3rd season.
For most part, I think people will come and play, no matter the resets, if the server is stable.
shoke
Soldier
Soldier

meriska_cutestuff wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:21 am Yea the entire grind thing isn't fun at all, the reset is counterproductive. The game was created for 85% RvR and maybe 15% PvE there are MMOs with faaaaar better PvE out there and no shortage of them. The quest kill X amount and return to X is mind numbing boring, raids are a World of Warcraft thing so if your into that that's the game for you.

I agree, I do think live did many things right as well as wrong the difficult part is finding that middle ground were common sense combined with a good direction would make a thriving server never have to "reset" nor would lose population due to keeping it engaged with it's core fundamentals first and foremost mainly that being ***RvR***. Realm versus Realm is what made DAoC great not quests/PvE. Mythic did it best (other than ToA) after that it was all downhill, solo elitist garbage, addition of more PvE and lost sight of the foundation of the original game design...
The thing is you're not living in the real world.

The reality is that no daoc server can be made in a way that pop stays at a sufficient level to make it fun.

Live solution was to have people grind to r13 without the need to killing a single player in rvr (wuwu and doppels).

Celestius tried the no grind approach and while it was fun, it fizzled quickly.

Eden is prob the best compromise combining content creation, speed of progress and seasonal character resets (that aren't total server wipes since you keep progress between seasons).

Just magically thinking devs will create a server that will never need resets is wishful thinking.