Char patch question .

The right place for talking about Dark Age of Camelot or Eden
Chuluckhan
Wanderer
Wanderer

Char patch question .

very urgent question for me as playing daoc from hour 1 ....in classic after 2-3 years there was an patch that made all classes thatb COULD HEAL only do 20% damage in pvp..... completly ruining friar and warden ....

is this active here???? or can friar and wardens who put points into weapons do damage without this toxic -80% damage in rvr
can wardens skill shields in this version?
Blitze
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Char patch question .

Ive never heard of such a patch that would make Healers do 80% less damage. What crazy patch level was that>>??
I have played Uthgard 1,2, celestius, phoenix, genesis and live (up to catacombs) and never heard of that being implemented.

Definitely, on here
1. Friars do decent melee damage.
2. Wardens do low but ok melee damage and have shields, so they take a very very long time to kill.
3. Cleric Smite hits hard enough (i dont think the pbaoe healing is attached to it yet though).
4. Cave Shamans are good DPS and can deffo kill people with a bit of kiting.
5. No idea if melee bards or healers can do any noticeable damage.
6. We dont have Valks here.

Hope that helps.
Hele
Wanderer
Wanderer

The amount of Friars I've seen in the starter zone makes me think they do alright :D.
Chuluckhan
Wanderer
Wanderer

Blitze wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:54 pm Ive never heard of such a patch that would make Healers do 80% less damage. What crazy patch level was that>>??
I have played Uthgard 1,2, celestius, phoenix, genesis and live (up to catacombs) and never heard of that being implemented.

it was official server.. in the first years.. i think it was before atlantis but not sure .... friars specialy where boons for sneakers in df and around gates in old frontiers... up to an point where this shit got in ...after that my friar made lousy damage even with full endgear .... lots of people raged and even quit dont know if that was removed later but it ruined my main char i needed nearly 1 year to get my first 50 with work and family and than this nerf just made me quit the game ..
dont know why you didnt notice it back than

it was the typical selfish rubbish as allways... pure fighter classes claiming its much more easy to level hybrid classes just go heal or buff and than at 50(40) reskill ..if they do the same damage why should anyone still go pure dps

but thats so many years back ... and yes they won hybrid dps got nerfed down ... 100% in pve but reduced damage in rvr casue they can heal.... total stupid cause in meele you can heal ....

but whatever maybe someone else remembers this ....

i can only say i fought an savage after that with my friar still in old frontiers and he hit me 3-4 times harder than i hit him ....
and that was before the self proc heal skills .... like i said totaly ruined
Hele wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:15 pm The amount of Friars I've seen in the starter zone makes me think they do alright :D.
friar is an perfect funn farm class ... hope they level them for rvr not only casue of farming