Login | Register

Post subject: Molvik/dead server
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:30 pm 
Baronet
as many guessed, a bigger crap map made the server die. if you are lucky now you can find me and other 4-5 poor guys having some duel in the gvg zone. when thidranki was up the population was low too, but you could find someone roaming the map, and still have some fight. Adam/Heagen, do you have something to try to make some ppl come back, or is it just the end?

Profile  Offline

Post subject: Re: Molvik/dead server
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:58 pm 
Administrator
Molvik is big as Thidranki is (the roaming area i mean), and if you roam around the towers you should be able to find each other, especially with /en.

You still have PvP if you don't like to roam, but if it's all about rp's it will not gonna help you.

We can't do much to raise the pop, Eden = GvG, and it seems it is no longer something players are looking for, and changing the orientation of Eden will take a lot of time, and i'm not even sure it will be worth it.

Anyway, if you want Thid back it's not a problem, we can change it without reboot, it's only an issue for the Pantheon.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:25 am 
Knight
Yes, Thid is better than Molvik atm. We needed Molvik 2 mouth ago :D

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:08 pm 
Esquire
please go back to thidranki map!

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:49 pm 
Esquire
We need thidranki plese ..

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:04 pm 
Knight
Molvik is better than Thidranki ever was. Fuck off and go to the pvp zone if you want to duel.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:01 pm 
Esquire
hi there,

@admins :
Maybe you could send an email to all players in order to inform them that Molvik is the new map and the version is now 1.117 ? Maybe that way those who stopped playing recently could come back ? just a suggestion.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:41 am 
Esquire
I have already suggested to send an email to all players about a month ago via pm. Apparently this is not wanted.
same goes for mapchange: Right after release in early January people complained about the map being too small. Population was about 150-200. People simply left due to that, was not really playable.
Nowadays the map change did not provide any positive aspect for the few players left.
But apparently gm´s have a different pov on certain things, pretty much the same as no one understood why uthgard closed its doors....

I hope i am not getting banned again for constructive criticism/stating facts.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:56 am 
Administrator
Rudi wrote:
I have already suggested to send an email to all players about a month ago via pm. Apparently this is not wanted.
same goes for mapchange: Right after release in early January people complained about the map being too small. Population was about 150-200. People simply left due to that, was not really playable.
Nowadays the map change did not provide any positive aspect for the few players left.
But apparently gm´s have a different pov on certain things, pretty much the same as no one understood why uthgard closed its doors....

I hope i am not getting banned again for constructive criticism/stating facts.

What is the point to send a email when there is no players who want to GvG ?
The two last Eden the GvG population was really small, even in 2014 with a population of 550+.
Thidranki was perfect if enough people was using the GvG, but once again 4th & Agramon was not used enough.
So if there was any decent GvG somewhere, trust me i will be still playing this game.

The map is not the reason people left, may be some, but when you have a server with action you stay on it, i have played on shard way way way worst than Eden, and had a lot of fun just because there was action, so if you leave a server with action just because of a map...
They just get bored, rage, can't get a group, most people play this game alone, without buddy, no need to be a math boy to understand that kind of thing, since the beginning when we saw so few GvG, we known this situation will happen again, we have done our best, but that was not enough.

And we don't care to change the map again, but we had to push a new mechanism for Molvik, and this mechanism is not ready for Thidranki.

Anyway, we let the server online for now, we take a pause (no point to work like a fool when you are not motivated for it) and we will see what we are going to do in the future, because like i said changing the way Eden run is a lot of work, and even if we did it, not sure it will be a success.

Profile  Offline

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:44 pm 
Esquire
Well , thanks for the 3 months of big fun , and thanks for your work.
See you all on Uthgard 2.0 , when doors will open !

Profile  Offline