Game crashes every time I log out and load to character screen

Find any bug ? Report it !
Vitty Jokic
Esquire
Esquire

Game crashes every time I log out and load to character screen

I upgraded to Windows 11 before Season 2 launch. Now any time I log out to to swap toons, the game crashes back to launcher.

At first I thought this was some kind of Eden security measure to get us to continually authorize our Discord account over and over again. But I haven't seen anyone else have this issue recently. Some guy named "paledecay" had a similar issue back on 12/15/2022, but I didn't see any response to his problem.

Maybe there is some kind of Windows 11 security issue that is forcing the game to crash each time I log out to character screen. I tried adding game.dll as a security exception, but no luck.
Karen
Developer
Developer

Re: Game crashes every time I log out and load to character screen

Did you follow this?
https://discord.com/channels/8684286631 ... 2639163582
Been using Win11 since Eden inception and have not seen what you describe.
Vitty Jokic
Esquire
Esquire

I did game.dll. But didn't know about patchui.dll. I just tried it now, but no luck. No worries though. I see you are running Win 11 and not having this issue. So must be an issue with my install. I don't feel like reinstalling daoc since it is a minor issue. So I'll just leave it alone.
TochkaQQ
Wanderer
Wanderer

Think the crashes happen due to old UI. You can try use default UI/Atlantis one, and see if this occurs.
Karen
Developer
Developer

Did you use the same install for another freeshard? Generally this causes major instability.
Either way I will close this ticket as per your last comment. For technical support I belive our discord is the best way of asking.
https://discord.com/channels/8684286631 ... 8155102248