8vs8 - Overall state of the Game balances

Discuss about RvR
Lahia
Wanderer
Wanderer

8vs8 - Overall state of the Game balances

Hi,

first of all, im not a native engl. speaker, so sorry in advance.

This thread will show my point of view of the current balance state of 8vs8 at the moment.

I´ll start with some general points:

Pets: (sorc/minstrel/bd-pet, theurgpets, sm pets...etc)

I agree with the fact, that pets in s1 were far to hard to kill, but in s2 pets are almost useless. Every solo tank/caster can kill pets very fast, pets are crucial on some alb setups and very important for the minstrel. Weaking pets that hard also weakened alb very hard.

Buffcharges out of inventory:
Its kinda nice and sucks at the same time. If you play any kind of shear class, you wont be able to shear most of the tanks in game. Most of the tanks will charge their specs, cl buff base str/base con and whats left? base dex.
You can build your template without planning in some "buffcharge uses" like strcon or dexqui or what ever.
This is a small but really overseen power for tanksetups.

Tankmeta:
Since every fulltank/offtank/hybrid class is getting det, stoicism, charge and having the cl15 hp is pretty hard for some caster or hybridgrp and buffs the overall tankheavy playstyle more then casterplay.
Even the points they have to spend for det9 is pretty overpowered. A Hibtanker in s2 will be rdy as soon as they are rr5, they will have every important RA on tanks and supports, what makes this setup pretty hard to play against in s2. Rooting tanks is trash, giving them free immunity and cant be peeled anymore and even if you root them, they will be out shorty afterwards, rooting supps will end up in a sos to free them up. If you watch the current 8vs8 state, almost every hibgrp is running with 4 natis and 4 tanks. This setup is by far the strongest what you can play at this point in on eden s2.

What could you do against that: Remove the 10% base stoicism, higher the costs for det9, remove det of minstrels, skalds etc. and especially on stealthers, because people are starting to abuse nightshades on hibtankers (i will point that out later on).

Determination on Stealthers/Poisons in combat:
I mean what on earth? Stealters are solo classes, they never had a place in the 8vs8 community and they shouldnt be. On the 17.09.23 you implemented the following things in your patchnotes:
Added /poison command, this command will apply a poison from inventory to main-, off- or two-handed weapon.
Poisons can now be applied in combat. <-- ??? quality of life, i get it, but this is insane if its abused in 8vs8.

Some of the Hibgrps allready running with nightshades, perma snaregift on weapons, peelstyles and det makes this char really a pain at the moment. Remove det of stealthers, for quality of life standings, in combat using of gifts... i mean what ever, but the mix of both things are far to strong.

Add some Diversity on every side of the Realms:
Bards are getting 2 DD´s and a mezzdumpener shield, but removed root on bards -> its fine.
Wardens got some love and can root now.
Why dont you give friar a bt, this would change a lot for albgrps or adding a autobubble for augh.

Running an albgrp without bt, its almost impossible against this kind of tankmeta, so theurg is in my opinion almost a musthave. In tankheavy and casterheavy setups. Since sorcpets+minstrelpets are kind of paper, you have to rely on theurgpets/bt/hastedebuff and bubble to even survive and get some pressure in.

I´ll add some more points later on, my brain isnt working anymore right now. its to late, but i hope this will get some attention to the devs.
Sathariel
Esquire
Esquire

Re: 8vs8 - Overall state of the Game balances

Thank you for the write up, it has been read by us. Some concerns we share, some are exaggerated by iRR7 and will be less of a concern come S2. Pets have been made less suceptible to absorb debuffs yesterday (from 1.75 multiplier down to 1.25), which helps against tanks.
Tanks keeping so many charges up means that they lose access to interrupts with offensive charges, so we see that as a trade-off. Pots have been made shearable, so there is less concern there. We have one thing in mind we could try here.
The other things can't be commented on as of now.
Again, thank you for the write up