Suggestion for Season 2

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
kpax
Esquire
Esquire

Suggestion for Season 2

Since people talking about to create on Season 2 a more balanced Server and maybe more successfull server, following topics imo are essential :

1. RR5 If you compare all the rr5 abilitys between all classes, there are huge imbalances , which make some classes overpowered and other kinda a joke in comparison to those ability. My suggestion would be remove rr5.

2. CL Abilitys All these abilitys kinda kill the uniqueness of the classes,like for example usually only shaman/cabalist or eld can disease. Or that suddenly tanks can heal or cast which is totally silly. Only thing i agree on cl is the power and hp bonus, which definetly helps the game.

3.RR-Cap This is the worst decision made on a free server ever ! I mean the server is almost dead, and we still can use only RR8L1 points. I mean earning realm point is the base motivation of the game. U want kill enemys, raid keeps do quests, and be able learn new realm abilitys to compete in future better agains enemy players. And the more active and successfull you are the more better and advanced you are vs other, which motivates and casues a more active gaming. So rr cap only makes on the first 3 months sence, but still should not punish active/pro gamers. My suggestion would be first month rr4/ 2nd month rr5 / 3rd month rr6.. and on 4th month nomore cap.

4.TOA Bonuses I am totally fine with stats cap/powercap/powerbonus/hp cap. But everything else overkills the ability speed imo. Also these insane range/cast/melespeed/cast dmg/debuff bonuses are totally contraproductive for the game mechanic. Everything get way to fast and overpowered so u cant even react anymore. But i tested it for example with my champion, with 25% debuff bonus this gets way to op and there are many other examples like a 2300 cast can have with mytheriums+toa+aura item 16% bonus range which makes 2668 range. I mean its so obvious this is totally crazy :).

5.Templates Templates should be way more easy to build up and not farm for 12 months for an item with 140 utitity to get a crazy imba op temp, which many ppl wasted time doing that and not playing rvr. I dont remeber which server it was, but a creative crafter solutions like u can salvage from items toa bonuses/procs use this salvaged gems on imbueing items can make this way more fun and easy. I mean to make it little difficult you can implement special ingredients to be able salvage these which u earn by doing active rvr, which on the other side would boost rvr action even more.

6.Only one Realm This is one of the key reasons to create a strong comunity and loyalty each realm. MMO Game is all about identification with a realm, kinda create a rivalry to other realms which can create stronger loyalty to the realm you are playing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following ideas are not that essential but should maybe considered:

7. Amnesia and specific class unbalance Imo on each realm there should be only 1 class has amnesia = Main mezz classes like Bard/sorc/healer. Bard should loose insta amnesia and get also a cast one too but in exchange should get like on later patch 2x insta dd and also loose root. Menta should not have amnesia at all. Healer should loose root too.

8. Nearsight/Disease only 1 class/realm Nearsight= eld/cab/rm Disease=Cab/shaman/eld

9. Pet charm/Pet realese Demezz On this issue midgard is the most disadvanced realm, cause thes dont have any pet release demezz class like minstrel or menta. As suggestion the spiritmaster would be a good canditate for a custom adjustion for this unbalance. I would give same charm abilitys like mentalist on the summoning line. To make sm not to strong the charmed pet ofc would not be able to intercept. And the fact its in the summoning line wont make the sm too strong. And also remove all heal/disease/snarenuke/nuke pets from game when you dont want make charm classes too strong.

Season 1 is dead long live Season 2 :mrgreen:
Nafets0805
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Suggestion for Season 2

Agree 1+2
Point 3: In my eyes DaoC is a PvP-Game and not PvE, so why they wipe PvE and not PvP? Later you state about getting a very good temp. Some classes needs ROGs and it takes time if you are not playing 16h/day. Wipe RPs. All begin as 1L1 (remove wings from game), but you carry over your Temp. RR-Cap should raise faster and Seasons should not be one year, thats too long. Most people only play in RvR til they reach the Bonuscap (weeks ago it was stated that only 6,9% of all accounts made it to RR6. I see the reason). Give Bonus til cap. I dont think lots people come back to Season 2.
Agree 4 totally. TOA was not the gamewinning
5 Good point.
6 Totally agree. One realm for NF (BG and PvE should not matter).

Really good statement. Thank you
Janclode - Morbraz
Esquire
Esquire

récompenser ....la fidélité pour les joueurs d'un seul royaume autre que par un skin d'armure ....
pénaliser les infidèles...
poisonclovers
Esquire
Esquire

Below is the only thing you said that made any sense.

6.Only one Realm This is one of the key reasons to create a strong comunity and loyalty each realm. MMO Game is all about identification with a realm, kinda create a rivalry to other realms which can create stronger loyalty to the realm you are playing.

Season 1 is dead long live Season 2 :mrgreen:
Effectus
Esquire
Esquire

RP per Kill X4.

Leave RR caps.

Once the hard core players start to leave the pack, why play.

They already have the extra time to stay extremely cohesive with their team, combine that with the rp gap widening and you end up with a dead server.

Just my opinion.

I would still be playing if the RPS earned per kill were increased. Most of the population can’t or doesn’t want to spend more than 2 hours a day to keep up.

The population has talent and with rps earned per kill increased there would be more challenges to those hardcore players or groups.
Send It.
FORGE
Wanderer
Wanderer

seasons is a bad idea for me.

Loosing everythink every 1 year will never keep your players on server.

Wait and see, but i'm pretty sure season 2 will the death of server!
Hylor
Esquire
Esquire

I agree with an earlier comment that the only suggestion you made that was good was only allowing people to do one realm for RvR. It can still be an issue in BGs especially when people take a ck on one realm then all log off and switch over and retake it on a different realm.

Almost all the other suggestions have been discussed for a decade plus with other free shards and Eden has definitely chosen the right path on all of these issues. They have done a pretty incredible job of balancing reward and time played on the server in season one. There is always more fine-tuning to do but the ability to play casually and compete if you had a decent template is definitely in a good spot as of the end of season one.

I know a lot of people didn't enjoy doing raids all the time and taking time away from RvR but I also got to explore parts of DAoC I hadn't played since I was on live in high school. The resource scaling could have been a bit better, and the respawn timers could have been shorter but all in all, it was actually enjoyable and much more like live with its social interactions for its incredibly long grind for gear. That said after only 1-2 months it became difficult to get full BGs together to do certain dungeons and that is very hard for people who are playing casually or in the wrong timezone. It is a hard thing to balance for the devs but I think they did a pretty good job and made reforms as they got feedback. Maybe they can grant some sort of bonuses for people who do dungeon or dragon raids after they already have credit to help incentivize people to still do them for a longer period of time so more casual players have a longer time period to get to 50 and gear up.

The biggest mistake that shuddered the server was the half-finished rollout of the RvR changes. The community hated it and the devs have admitted and realized their mistake. Those changes won't be a problem for season two because they are already in the game. I would be surprised if the population was as big as it was with the season one launch BUT I do expect many of the frustrations and issues people had in season one will not be there in season two. I hope plenty of people come back to give it a go again and hopefully, the balance changes and new classes add a level of fresh meta that will keep people around even longer than last time.
Fames
Wanderer
Wanderer

Regarding 3

Good players care about good fights, not about RR. Feels way better to beat a group higher RR than you than it does to stomp RR2s as RR13s. I would even like an /rp off to make it more challenging for some people.