bone dancer vs necromancer

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
Elk
Wanderer
Wanderer

bone dancer vs necromancer

both classes are more than weak without their pet. so why Bd can cast them very quickly and necro need 20 sec?
Pedro*
Soldier
Soldier

Re: bone dancer vs necromancer

rofl, cause necro pet aint a pet, wtf r u talking about
Elk
Wanderer
Wanderer

once again, i can see that intelligent ppl are writting caring comments here. this kind of behavior should be punished
Pedro*
Soldier
Soldier

yes, behaviour that tells u ur custom change ur asking for is comparing a pet class with a non pet class

gg
[UHHH] Jubbin
Warrior
Warrior

Elk wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:49 pm once again, i can see that intelligent ppl are writting caring comments here. this kind of behavior should be punished
How long does it take to cast 1 necro pet, the only one you need, vs all the pets required for a BD to be completed?
Now let's talk about why I can't hit the specter form of a necro but I can kill a BD with all pets out at once..
Now let's talk about how strong a blue conned "Thing" can be as powerful as it is...
Draugs
Wanderer
Wanderer

Elk wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:01 am both classes are more than weak without their pet. so why Bd can cast them very quickly and necro need 20 sec?
At the moment there is close to no recovery from losing the necromancer pet, so the recast is not really an issue. Even so I would highlight the following:

1. The recast takes long, as you mentioned, not quite 20 seconds at 50, but long enough to be extremely difficult to pull off.
2. When you summon the pet, it is highly likely you are still in combat and cannot use your necro buff pot.
3. You cannot use any in-combat buffs such as a dex/qui charge or str/con charge
4. An unbuffed necro pet is a extremely soft target with horrendous cast speed.

Because we are a pet class, and follow certain pet rules, we will in most cases be denied any kind of recovery.

I would assert that the BD class is very different from the Necromancer, so much so that the pet mechanics is not comparable. The Necromancer IS it's pet and cannot perform any actions without it.

The BD summons servants that are easier to kill, in most cases, than a necromancer pet, whilst still having it's pets play a key role. To my mind it makes sense that they are summoned faster and treated differently.

I hope in the future that maybe the Necromancer will see some tweaks to the recovery rate though.