Merchants in RvR Zones are pointless gank fests

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
Dragynbait
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Merchants in RvR Zones are pointless gank fests

I vote for moving them to non-RvR areas.

I appreciate the design of placing them where they are now; however, at this point in DAoC's evolution, people have a great many other MMORPG options. Mitigating loss of player population trumps all.
Chihuahua
Esquire
Esquire

Dragynbait wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:26 am I vote for moving them to non-RvR areas.

I appreciate the design of placing them where they are now; however, at this point in DAoC's evolution, people have a great many other MMORPG options. Mitigating loss of player population trumps all.
Which merchants are you talking about? Why is that a problem, what solutions are you offering?
Gormek
Esquire
Esquire

Chihuahua wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:40 am
Dragynbait wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:26 am I vote for moving them to non-RvR areas.

Which merchants are you talking about? Why is that a problem, what solutions are you offering?
All merchants should be in capital city, nuff said.
Chihuahua
Esquire
Esquire

I have personally never been ganked when buying those items (SH/DF). But for some people I guess it's a huge challenge and therefore I can see that some people need them in capital towns. So im totally neutral here.

The funny thing about this thread is that OP decided to quit over this issue. So when this would get fixed, he will QQ about the next thing.
Gormek
Esquire
Esquire

Chihuahua wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:49 am I have personally never been ganked when buying those items (SH/DF). But for some people I guess it's a huge challenge and therefore I can see that some people need them in capital towns. So im totally neutral here.

The funny thing about this thread is that OP decided to quit over this issue. So when this would get fixed, he will QQ about the next thing.

No one should need to form a full group to go buy items from a merchant, like right now, there's 7 hibs camping alb side ent in DF, i've been sitting for 40 minutes waiting to buy stuff, this is a colossal waste of time

Put the damn merchants in capital cities already.
Idi
Warrior
Warrior

Chihuahua wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:49 am
The funny thing about this thread is that....
...the merchants are STILL in the same places.
Chihuahua
Esquire
Esquire

Lundrik wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:20 am
Chihuahua wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:49 am I have personally never been ganked when buying those items (SH/DF). But for some people I guess it's a huge challenge and therefore I can see that some people need them in capital towns. So im totally neutral here.

No what's funny that that these p-server devs keep doing the same crap over and over, releasing one server after another and never listening to the player base. While at the same time the remaining player base taunts the people that are unhappy then QQ themselves when the server dies after everyone quits because of annoying mechanics.

This ain't 2001-2006 anymore. If something is annoying there are thousands of other games out there.
The issue here is, that playerbase has ideas, good and bad. They also got opinions, if they like something or not, and it's often never 100% unanimous opinion. The dev team has a vision, communicated patch level etc that they are working towards and ofc they listen to player base aswell. If the devs would make all the changes the playerbase asks for, the server would turn into crap.

The playerbase opinions and QQ is also "one after another", just as the lifecycle of private servers :)