Absorb debuff value live tested part2

Find any bug ? Report it !
Gaven
Esquire
Esquire

Absorb debuff value live tested part2

Hi Team,

So regrading the mechanics of -20% abs debuff that was changed today. I did testing way back that showed -20% abs debuffs were indeed working in the manner the grab bag posits: -20% * ABS and not subtractive. However behind the scenes there is a multiplier on the abs debuff from weapon procs.

My testing showed that instead of -20% * 27 abs for chain = 5.4abs reduction, instead damage increased by 13% which is equivalent to -35% * 27 abs = 9.55 abs reduction. This test was done using archery to avoid variance. I just repeated this test and it came out the same: (unbudffed scout vs templated cleric) 155 standard shot became 175 after a -20% abs debuff which again confirms 13% damage increase.

For clarity, as this could be an 'archery only' benefit. I did the test yet again using melee:

First I calculated my expected variance and did a bunch of swings to confirm minimum and maximum hit.
https://imgur.com/a/4IwAUVb
I was expecting 43% variance (because the scout is not composite, only 42 weapon) and found it: 47 minimum swing, 67 maximum. Exactly 43% variance from bottom.

Then I got the proc to go off and monitored for the highest possible hit. I did a few hundred hits after proc to be certain of its apex.
https://imgur.com/a/uY6ytaA
You can see the proc at the top, then swap to longsword and some hits. This was the round that I got the new maximum with -20% abs debuff.

New max with debuff was 76.
76/67 is again 13% increase.

This confirms that the -20% abs debuff has a 1.75x modifier on the back end and it really provides -35% against enemy abs, or a 13% damage increase against chain (less against lower armor types).
Karen
Developer
Developer

Re: Absorb debuff value live tested part2

As always, thank you for a thorough testing and a well written report. This will be applied by next patch.