A somewhat quick feedback on my leveling experience during the alpha

The right place for talking about Dark Age of Camelot or Eden
Ezeith
Wanderer
Wanderer

A somewhat quick feedback on my leveling experience during the alpha

My feedback after getting to level 24 in 5 hrs exclusively in battlegrounds.

Char: Mentalist
Playstyle : Mostly solo/leech except in Thid cause we were like 2 hibs and noone else in when i got there

This leveling was a hella ton of fun, maybe because hib was dominating all along i guess but that kind of leveling is extra fun, HOWEVER, entering the level 11-14 BG i was still naked with the starter staff, not a single coin or RoG dropped during this time. This lasted until around level 14-15ish, no money nor RoG at all, then a trash RoG dropped making me able to buy the Recruit gear at the quartermaster in Magmell, getting me a decent stat build for the quality of the gear.

As of now, im still wearing this gear but i dropped few jewels in Thid, forced to Pve cause i was one of the first to get there. even tho the drop were really poor and clearly not enough at all. this makes fights basically based on who engage first, whoever have the first hit wins as you get one or two shots. The Jewels ive dropped are decent enough in stats at this level to be meaningful, but idk if that was luck or intended as i dont have a big enough sample to judge it.

To summarize : Very fun leveling experience with the only drawback of the lack of gear during it. Exclusively Rvr in solo/as leech except between 20 and 21 cause no ennemies at the time.
Marcus
Count
Count

Re: A somewhat quick feedback on my leveling experience during the alpha

Thanks for your feedback! We just increased all RoG drop rates. Let us know after testing again.
Mog
Wanderer
Wanderer

Paladin - DAY ONE Solo/Grouping PVE - level 8 took 7 hours. Getting to level 2 was nearly impossible as the mobs regen faster than the starter sword damages. Leveled mostly on yellows and blues. Not much groups...

Cabalist/Thuerg Duo, killing the same mobs, level 8 took 30 minutes.

Two Thuergs and a Necro, and an occasional wizard, level 1-24 took about 5 hours of play PVE, utilizing all red/orange mobs in the Frontier for the 30% bonus.

Cleric/Minstrel duo playing in pugs with melee PVE, same mobs as above - level 6 took about 3 hours.

PVP leveling...
Thuerg 24 got ten bubbles filled in from fresh in about 5 minutes.
Minstrel went from 6-8 in about 2 hours, nearly all xp awards were in the range of 139... with occasional bursts in the four digits.

Conclusion, melees are screwed... casters win easily.
Marcus
Count
Count

We have doubled the XP rates and increased RoG drops even more. It feels much different compared to the first few days. Please let us know what you think after testing again.