Numberpad binds

If you have trouble with something In-Game, with the client or the forum.
TyGeR
Esquire
Esquire

Numberpad binds

Hello, I play with a left head setup, so typically I use arrow keys for movement and rebind other commands to the number pad (I know Im weird) . DAoC does not recognize the number pad has its on key set. Number pad 1 it sees as END, Number pad 2 it will see as DOWN. and so on. Is there a work around so the game will see number pad as its own keys, or see the number pads as the top row number keys. Thanks for any help.
Thorn
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Numberpad binds

I used AHK (3rd party software, AutoHotKey) as a workaround to access those keys (with numlock ON), for awhile.

I didn't like the setup in the end so I discarded it, but it could work for you.
TyGeR
Esquire
Esquire

I'll look into that, it could be how I made it work in the past, it was so long ago I can't remember. For some reason I thought there was something in the game options I disabled to make it work but can't remember.

Thank you for the info.
Boondoggle
Wanderer
Wanderer

I play the same way as I am a left handed mouse user. I use the keypad for movement and the keys around the four arrow keys are my binds for abilities. Can slide it over to the right side of the keypad but it's a ton better to use the keypad because you don't have to remap as many keys.
TyGeR
Esquire
Esquire

so I downloaded AHK an got it working. It does just what I need it to. number pad 1-0 acts just like the number bar 1-0.