[Suggestion) EXP - Help for new players

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
Megrim
Soldier
Soldier

[Suggestion) EXP - Help for new players

Greetings,

first I want to thank staff for their work and this dedicated server, Eden is so much fun to play, well done :) . As some players who missed the beginning still join this server, I would like to make some points.

The majority of the population is now finished with leveling their toons, many are temped and done with raids, quests etc. some are done and only do rvr.
For new players it ´s harder now to get done, less raids, less drops, less level groups, no loyality bonus, etc. As the currency gain has already increased due there are less raids, I would like to make some suggestions for experience gain to level up easier, so new players have less trouble to close the gap to players that are already done with PVE and keep them motivated to stay.

- Reduce or remove the EXP penalty when there is a level difference in group (I tried to help a low level guildie with my 50 toon, but the EXP was worse as he had leveled solo)
- Introduce EXP loot (helps a bit to boost EXP gain and can also be farmed and traded by level 50 players)
- More EXP from killtasks
- Changing EXP bonus for certain areas
- EXP bonus for different classes in group (helps classes that are not that wanted in groups to find a group)
- EXP scrolls ( could be bought for bountypoints for example and traded)
- EXP potions (small amount of bonus exp, usable as a group bonus too , maybe)
- EXP and coins daily bonus for different killed mob types (kill 10 giants, kill 10 animals for example to receive some bonus exp and additional coins maybe)
- Additional daily EXP boost when you make a level up a day (once)

These are just some suggestions, imho the exp gain is fine on Eden, due to my points it could be better for new players in this state of the server. Also I would like the idea players have more impact to help new guildies /players to level up.

Best regards
Amurdora
Soldier
Soldier

Re: [Suggestion) EXP - Help for new players

The level 50 helping a lowbie exp cap thing you mention first is intrinsic to the game. If you removed that you wouldn't see new players benefit but old as they PL'd their friends.

There is already an EXP bonus for unwanted group members (stealthers) of 5% per toon.

Scrolls again wouldn't benefit new players but old.

A daily type quest could very well slow it down even further.

It's still too early to boost the xp gain rate overall. Right now on Mid there are 150ish 50s and 100ish 1 - 40s. Those aren't low numbers of exper's compared to the population.

When it does become time though I think the easiest thing to do will be to simply boost the quest rewards. Also keep in mind that they've introduced repeatable quests in the BGs to help with leveling.
rgarrett
Warrior
Warrior

battlegrounds pvp only xp 10 max
Megrim
Soldier
Soldier

Amurdora wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:58 pm The level 50 helping a lowbie exp cap thing you mention first is intrinsic to the game. If you removed that you wouldn't see new players benefit but old as they PL'd their friends.

There is already an EXP bonus for unwanted group members (stealthers) of 5% per toon.

Scrolls again wouldn't benefit new players but old.

A daily type quest could very well slow it down even further.

It's still too early to boost the xp gain rate overall. Right now on Mid there are 150ish 50s and 100ish 1 - 40s. Those aren't low numbers of exper's compared to the population.

When it does become time though I think the easiest thing to do will be to simply boost the quest rewards. Also keep in mind that they've introduced repeatable quests in the BGs to help with leveling.
Thx for your input, got some more points like exp loot, pretty sure there might be some ways for improvement that would help especially classes and new players that struggle to find groups or do solo tasks.
Papas
Wanderer
Wanderer

[b]For new players it ´s harder now to get done, less raids, less drops, less level groups, no loyality bonus, etc. As the currency gain has already increased due there are less raids,[/b]........(sign)

this was discuss with friends, after 3 days released, too much different Currencys and all depends with Raids, if the Hype is over, it will be for sure :D , it will be hard to get those Items to buy for templates etc... and we have still no TP to epic dungeons ^^.