Charm pulse changes

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
Sair
Wanderer
Wanderer

Charm pulse changes

Minstrels can't even reliably hold a blue con pet.... with +15% duration... This is not ok.
tony87pisa
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Charm pulse changes

even for the mentalist. with the charm pulse not even a green that strangely resists. nerfed the ability to charm a higher-level pet too much. it does not seem right
[UHHH] Jubbin
Warrior
Warrior

Well consider this first, if we were to fix your charm rates, then we need to balance what all you're capable of doing with said pet in battle.. Personally, I don't think charmed pets should break the mez of their charmer after releasing it... Make that pet just passive and walk away to it's original spawn point.. There needs to be mitigation, not just the good stuff..
Draugs
Wanderer
Wanderer

[UHHH] Jubbin wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:32 am Well consider this first, if we were to fix your charm rates, then we need to balance what all you're capable of doing with said pet in battle.. Personally, I don't think charmed pets should break the mez of their charmer after releasing it... Make that pet just passive and walk away to it's original spawn point.. There needs to be mitigation, not just the good stuff..
Not sure I share your starting position for this argument. It seems to be; If Minstrel can hold a blue or yellow pet reliably it will be overpowered. How so? I think most would agree that a high degree of RNG in your class will make it much less enjoyable to play.
[UHHH] Jubbin
Warrior
Warrior

Draugs wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:42 pm
[UHHH] Jubbin wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:32 am Well consider this first, if we were to fix your charm rates, then we need to balance what all you're capable of doing with said pet in battle.. Personally, I don't think charmed pets should break the mez of their charmer after releasing it... Make that pet just passive and walk away to it's original spawn point.. There needs to be mitigation, not just the good stuff..
Not sure I share your starting position for this argument. It seems to be; If Minstrel can hold a blue or yellow pet reliably it will be overpowered. How so? I think most would agree that a high degree of RNG in your class will make it much less enjoyable to play.
because if you can have those pets reliably, there needs to be a drawback or mitigation. it's already broken that they can just release their pet, and it acts as a purge for the mini.. My position is this: I say let the charm chance be back to normal, but remove the utility of breaking their own mez by releasing it/re charming it. that's corny af... So Im basically saying, you can't have best of both worlds

Meanwhile, I agree- having high rng for your class in any particular fashion ruins the fun to be had, like my warrior that can have a 150 damage variance :|.. Hypothetical example- I can hit for a max of 500 on this luri caster, well it's built in where I could also hit for 350 give or take, on the same exact target.. that's garbage considering that same luri caster can nuke for 366 every 1.5 seconds with 0 variance... While my warrior has the heaviest 2h possible for that juicy damage- 6.0 2h, but yeah.. I digress..

I'm tired of seeing people complain about things where I'm just wondering- When are we going to get a server where they show love for the pure melee classes.. arms, warrior, hero.. Let's see some love for them before talking about a silly buff or nerf to one of the most powerful classes/broken or not, in daoc...