Heal effectiveness and procs/pots

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
[UHHH] Jubbin
Warrior
Warrior

Heal effectiveness and procs/pots

Can we make it to where heal procs on armor or potions/ outside of a players actual skill/build, to not utilize the heal effectiveness stat? There isn't a single friar on the server I can actually 1v1 with a Hero. It feels as though they have 2x the amount of HP with how often they proc- That and I see them pull like 20+ grey mobs to get their procs to infinitely proc over and over while I can't do anything about it.

Is this supposed to be how it works as intended or does it seem fair? For those classes, Friar/Warden etc, it makes it extremely frustrating due to all those classes requiring the ToA bonuses for when they template their build. I can't do that on my Hero or any of my melee toons because there is no room in the temp to do so and still cap everything else my melee toon needs.

Also does reflex attack work for these procs for the friar?

Anyways, I feel it's unbalanced in regards to other classes. it makes it feel unbalanced. Like I really have 0 chance to solo them or even do well vs them.. Anyways, thanks for your time.
rgarrett
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Heal effectiveness and procs/pots

Theres someone who professionally knows what the fuck hes talkin about i am also curious to know how we can fight a friar and live to tell the tale without the use of a zerg

you like my apostrophes
DoctorNo
Wanderer
Wanderer

A Hero has always been a 60/40 fight against a Friar. 60% of the time you lose and 40% you win based on RNGs. Friars have a extremely hard time countering your Shield so turtle up, stun, run, disease, spank.
rgarrett
Warrior
Warrior

DoctorNo wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:41 am A Hero has always been a 60/40 fight against a Friar. 60% of the time you lose and 40% you win based on RNGs. Friars have a extremely hard time countering your Shield so turtle up, stun, run, disease, spank.
yergaycuzuplayafriar 100%healrateonhitop
Idi
Warrior
Warrior

[UHHH] Jubbin wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:09 am Anyways, I feel it's unbalanced in regards to other classes.
Heavy tanks are garbage in this patch.

Their dps is crap compared to the hybrids with those stupid melee proc styles, and the defensive skills we have to spec for won't outlast the ridiculous style and spec HoT's of classes like the friar and warden in most cases. Hell, ALL of our defenses can be avoided, and are, by so many players that just exploit the ridiculous melee arcs that allow them to sidestyle us from the front, or use a back style while not even facing us, if not just circle strafe.

I, for one, would like to play a heavy melee character that is ACTUALLY good at melee combat for a change. How about a PARRY PROC style, or BLOCKING PROC style for us in our melee lines that actually makes us hard to hit in melee combat? What about a DAMAGE ADD proc style for us that makes our dps less of a joke than it is? How about we try to make the melee characters actually GOOD AT MELEE COMBAT for a change, rather than being just RP fodder, ram mules, or PvE characters?
[UHHH] Jubbin
Warrior
Warrior

Idi wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:53 am
[UHHH] Jubbin wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:09 am Anyways, I feel it's unbalanced in regards to other classes.
Heavy tanks are garbage in this patch.

Their dps is crap compared to the hybrids with those stupid melee proc styles, and the defensive skills we have to spec for won't outlast the ridiculous style and spec HoT's of classes like the friar and warden in most cases. Hell, ALL of our defenses can be avoided, and are, by so many players that just exploit the ridiculous melee arcs that allow them to sidestyle us from the front, or use a back style while not even facing us, if not just circle strafe.

I, for one, would like to play a heavy melee character that is ACTUALLY good at melee combat for a change. How about a PARRY PROC style, or BLOCKING PROC style for us in our melee lines that actually makes us hard to hit in melee combat? What about a DAMAGE ADD proc style for us that makes our dps less of a joke than it is? How about we try to make the melee characters actually GOOD AT MELEE COMBAT for a change, rather than being just RP fodder, ram mules, or PvE characters?
Yeah I would have figured the thane's Doom Hammer would have been for the warriors.. but I guess they really wanna be thor XD
yeah I agree, it would be amazing for full tanks to have some cool styles.. all of them are ASR, or Snare... that's about it. And the ARS isn't even as good as the other classes in most cases.

Or, they could just tighten up the damage variance comparable to casters spec line nukes. And let those of us have a higher natural armor penetration.. I have a 6.0 speed sword, and 400str. There is no reason I hit leather/cloth for 200-300 ever...

and I don't mean buff anyone that can swing a melee weapon and spec into it.. I mean specifically Arms/Warrior/Hero for their damage to matter in fights without needing xyz from a group to make them matter ie celerity/full buffs just to still be a peel bot :| cmon.. Where are the full 2h specs, where are the full burst damage/dps tanks at? BG, or PvE.. Can't really solo without Purge 2 IP 2 or 3 and max Det, otherwise you're getting stomped out by anyone with a simple root or a pet that can disease... or spam snare nuke... or stun debuff nuke/also has root, or a sneak with con/snare poisons, you can have over 300 con and get dropped to 100 something, where if you DONT have your RAs, you're done 9 times out of 10, or you can get a mini to sick it's pet on you while he kites around never getting close, but they can just insta you to death, and grab new pets on the spot.. they feel useless in those situations, 1v1 is rough but doable if you have patience but... you can see where it falls short vs other classes and what they can do.
DoctorNo
Wanderer
Wanderer

rgarrett wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:59 am
DoctorNo wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:41 am A Hero has always been a 60/40 fight against a Friar. 60% of the time you lose and 40% you win based on RNGs. Friars have a extremely hard time countering your Shield so turtle up, stun, run, disease, spank.
I play a Warden and have no issues killing Friars, but its never a guaranteed win
[UHHH] Jubbin
Warrior
Warrior

DoctorNo wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:48 am
rgarrett wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:59 am
I play a Warden and have no issues killing Friars, but its never a guaranteed win
Yeah but you may as well have said, I play friar, I don't see friars being that strong.. it's 50-50 XD
and I bet you use AHK on your warden? I think I can safely assume that on free shards.. a good 60% of it's players use it minimum..
Pure melee needs a buff.. Hero's Warriors and Arms need to hit harder or get cool procs on their styles cause they don't get anything special by comparison..
rgarrett
Warrior
Warrior

and if you use ahk yougayandacheater cuz u cant win without cheating / hacking