Speed Warps

Give us your feedback on your experience on Eden
Xentrix
Soldier
Soldier

Speed Warps

Caster groups need speed warps!!!!

You cannot compete at all without this V's full tank groups. You cannot kite double bard SoS/charge/DeT9
OR hybrid mids with double BD's its impossible.

For competitve 8man, casters need speed warps
Fin / Valar
Knight
Knight

Re: Speed Warps

Xentrix wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:25 am Caster groups need speed warps!!!!

You cannot compete at all without this V's full tank groups. You cannot kite double bard SoS/charge/DeT9
OR hybrid mids with double BD's its impossible.

For competitve 8man, casters need speed warps
Lol put Speed warps in this server and it will suffer the same doom of Celestius: extremely boring kite-festival RvR and server dead in 3 months
Guldkrona jag passar ej på
Ditt unga liv och blod måst gå
Xentrix
Soldier
Soldier

ROFL!

Speed warps had absolutely nothing to do with Celest plus it didnt have them, so thats completely wrong
Fin / Valar
Knight
Knight

Xentrix wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:21 pm ROFL!

Speed warps had absolutely nothing to do with Celest plus it didnt have them, so thats completely wrong
Are you kidding me? Celestius had both SW, ML feats and cata class.... have you ever played on it? :lol:
Xentrix
Soldier
Soldier

Then they introduced that at the end bud after I left, as they did not have this to begin with.

Plus if you really had any sense, you would know that Celest died VERY fast simply due to the team being morons, NOT due to speed warps as that is simply laughable, also stop being/showing the same old classic toxic DaoC player attitude. This is about Speed warps, not ML/Cata classes which ALOT of people actually like (Cata classes)

Celest died after like 3 weeks but then limped on for a long long time, yes most left but left before these other changes, just pure facts
Fin / Valar
Knight
Knight

No no I don't want to be toxic and I'm sorry if it seemed so.... I'm just saying that SpeedWarps are not the solution to the problem. Celestius was just a comparison (and anyway, for what I can remember it had those things since launch) because SpeedWarps (and other ML abilities) changes completely the meta of a group and the mechanic of PvP inc, which basically becomes a veeeeery long kite run where melee/tanks cannot, in any way, win against a slightly coordinated casters group
Amurdora
Soldier
Soldier

Speedwarps are probably the only thing from Live that I don't miss. Caster groups are more than capable of kiting without speedwarps. The negative effect of speedwarps, basically allowing any group to escape a fight it doesn't want to have, coming across random speedwarps, making zerg open-field fights effectively impossible far outweigh the gains you get from having them in.

Speedwarps are rarely actually used to kite as an 8man and far more often used to simply dodge fights. My favorite part of Eden is the difficulty with escaping a fight completely. You can reset it, but the enemy is not far behind. Speedwarps absolutely kill this dynamic.