stop buff pots potion etc..

that kill the games .
Markus Tyroller
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Stop buff pots !

I have the same opinion but i want to give more insight here:

I see the following issues:

- Realm buffs are practically the worst buffs since they do not profit from any Buff Bonus (which is ok) but it also renders them the least option. Maybe goot for PVE

- All Buff pots benefit from Buff Bonus. Which renders them quite good but also meaning that all chars need a Buff Bonus swing set

- another topic are the "Charges". They gain a higher delve value than player spec buffs and gain an inherent Bonus as well as benefit from Buff Bonus.

--> With pots you get to ~20 to 30 points below fully specced player Buffs. With charges you gain cap.
--> For aucity you gain even higher buff values than any player can achieve
--> All chars can get cap Buffs without Buffbot but you have to hassle arround with charges

--> But the worst part is, you cannot shear pots or charges <--

I play a druid as main but atm i see no reason to spec into nurture. Im running Nature / Regrowth because it simply makes no sense in lvl 50 RvR.
Last edited by Markus Tyroller on Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amurdora
Soldier
Soldier

Removing buff pots is an awful idea but making them shearable isn't a bad idea. Charges shouldn't be as there is a real cost to using them.
Idi
Warrior
Warrior

erekosse wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:07 pm easy to understand
stop buff pots potion etc..
No.
erekosse wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:07 pm that kill the games .
Buff pots and charges help the game by creating a little more parity between the players that have buffs and buffers and those that don't. This leads to greater participation among the player base, which is good for us all. Without buffs, a lot of the characters are horrid to play, and people would just log rather than RvR, as they would be little more than fodder for buffed groups. Buff pots and charges fill the gap created by a lack of buffers playing at any given time, and they do so without making the players overpowered.

Pots and charges are available to ALL players, so there is absolutely zero impact on balance in the game, and they are still largely inferior to buff class buffs due to the lower values they have and the fact they are on timers.
erekosse
Wanderer
Wanderer

i agree with some talks you say

but for example the same buff dex/quickness doesn t have same effect on a stealth than on a warrior for example.

another example hunter, scout, ranger have a basic line with buff if you give buff to other player stealth assassin etc you kill the game.

you see infiltrator for exemple fight thane or inc solo middle tank etc.
(effect of buffs on dodge vs effect on buff on parry/block etc )

sorry for my english ;)
Amurdora
Soldier
Soldier

erekosse wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:11 pm i agree with some talks you say

another example hunter, scout, ranger have a basic line with buff if you give buff to other player stealth assassin etc you kill the game.
How does this kill the game? With the spec dex/qui archers get they're still better off than sins are, and this is a tiny segment of the game even if it did completely negate the archery buffs.